Thread: Clyde, at two years of age.

Default Clyde, at two years of age.

My youngest dog, Clyde, the son of two time National Champ Beaver's Straight Arrow, has had one helluva fine second bird hunting season thus far! He and his 7 year old partner, Charlie, have brought scores of sharp-tailed and ruffed grouse to my hand. Clyde has turned into a top pro hunting dog in just these first two years and can be counted on to find any sort of game bird and totally trusted to point them and hold them until I drag my aging backside up to flush and shoot at said birds. Very proud of this little dog. And the good news is that his Dad just helped to create another littler of pups and a male pup should come my way in January!

Here's Clyde with a early morning ruffed grouse.

As always Jim, Nice photo. Nice work with Mr Clyde, he is so lucky to have such a bird hunting machine as yourself for a daddy! I might have to come see that new pup and take a walk on the wild side with you next fall.

Glad you liked the photo, Burke. And you are certainly welcome to come visit us again. Clyde really enjoyed hunting sharp-tails this fall.

Clyde is something! A little machine.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Yep, he's a great bird dog. I've been quite lucky with bird dogs and I'm hoping the next pup coming my way will be the same.

Almost as pretty as a lab; a yellow lab, now that I have a yellow.
    Hey, I'll let you blind fold me if you take me with. Keep in mind I'm walking wounded, can't go fast or far and level is better than hills.
    ARR

ARR,
    You are always welcome to hunt with me and my dogs. But the snow is going to make the walking tough in the woods now. Might switch over to ptarmigan soon?

Doc never said I could not walk, said I could not lift, or do labor. But walk too much, and if feels like somebody has a screwdriver in my back. Hope to be done w/ all this in 2 more months seeing as how that was what he alluded to. Slow and steady for a short time I seem to be ok. At some point we need to make our first date.
    ARR

Wishing you the best, my friend.

As a kid I pretty much cut my teeth hunting ducks and pheasants. Boy, I sure miss upland wing shooting.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!