Thread: Visitor survey

Default Visitor survey

Does everybody get this "Visitor Survey"? Or do I need better pop-up blockers?

Haven't a clue what you're talking about, if that tells you anything.

I think its a fish of some kind to exploit my information. I get redirected to the "Outdoor Directory" visitor survey, and then offered 1000$ gift certificates, ipads, etc. Definitely designed for this website across all its platforms

Weird. And sounds dangerous. Nothing like it shows up on any of my machines.

I'd sure report it to the site management. Click on the little black triangle with the exclamation point in it, the one down on the lefthand corner of each post.

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    I think its a fish of some kind to exploit my information. I get redirected to the "Outdoor Directory" visitor survey, and then offered 1000$ gift certificates, ipads, etc. Definitely designed for this website across all its platforms
    Interesting. If you see this again, can you take a screenshot and send it to me and Michael Strahan? Not sure if we can block it or not, but we can certainly try.

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    I think its a fish of some kind to exploit my information.
    Sounds like a targeted phish, for sure. Would make me suspect they already had a foot in the door somewhere on my machine. (But I'm paranoid that way).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Interesting. If you see this again, can you take a screenshot and send it to me and Michael Strahan? Not sure if we can block it or not, but we can certainly try.

Thanks Brian. I try when I get home