Thread: Old Argo Questions

Default Old Argo Questions

I just bought an old 88 Argo 8x8 for working around the farm. Just wanted to know what the issues are with this thing. Mainly the fact that sometimes I can't get the right track to respond unless I engage the left brake. What don't I know about this thing. There are few resources for this old guy. Any thoughts?

what kind Response or Conquest ? In order to turn you have to pull back on the brake on one side to get the opposite to turn. Go over to Route 6x6 website nothing but argos http://route6x6.com/
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

try 6x6world.com
    These guys can help you out

The older argos like ours (mine is about an 83) have a differential type transmission (Like an "open"(non posi) rear differential in a pick up). If one side looses traction (becomes easier to turn) the power will be delivered to that side. If you lock the other track up (make it hard to turn, the side that wasn't spinning will begin to. It's a handy trick to learn. This fall was my first year with an Argo & once I learned it that was a valuable tool in some deep ruts etc.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."