Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sitka Sand Lance big brothers the Anchovy and Herring spoons

Default Sitka Sand Lance big brothers the Anchovy and Herring spoons

IMG_5861IMG_5861.jpgWill be trying out the new prototype spoons for winter feeder kings
    The left spoon is the Sitka Sand Lance, then the Anchovy and far right the Herring! The Sand Lance has been out standing for winter kings out of Homer.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." Doug Larson

Charterboat Operator

are these available for purchase somewhere?

Those look quite similar to a flutter Laker taker spoon only thicker gauge steel on yours.
    They look nice. I hope they work well for you.
    Did you make a jig/form that will keep your size and bend angles consistent or is it just measured out?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Pole bender I sent you a PM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." Doug Larson

kasilofchrisn,

These are out of Victoria BC. They are a different design then the Laker Taker spoons, these have a crippled fish swim pattern to them with a center crease to stiffen then up. They fish excellent for feeder kings trolled above a canon ball with a Swarm flasher 3 feet behind the ball and the Sand Lance about 3 feet above the ball on a release about 20 to 30 feet behind the flasher trolled at 1 to 1.5 knots.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Those look like hot spoons!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

I got some of them last spring, but they were a little small for the run of the mill herring that was around at that time. I bet they'd have worked better at that time if they'd been up around 5" long. Didn't get around to trying them this fall.

BTW- Shipping was a killer on them. I've been trying to get them to set up a US distributor, but no love so far.

let me know when you get it setup, Id like try those spoons next to my gold spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I got some of them last spring, but they were a little small for the run of the mill herring that was around at that time. I bet they'd have worked better at that time if they'd been up around 5" long. Didn't get around to trying them this fall.

BTW- Shipping was a killer on them. I've been trying to get them to set up a US distributor, but no love so far.
    www.kodiakcombos.com

I would be interested in trying a couple of each size if you get set up.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    let me know when you get it setup, Id like try those spoons next to my gold spoon.
    I passed on the contact info to Jesse, and I know he got hold of them. Haven't heard anything since, but here's hoping. You might jiggle him too, next time you talk to him.

Shipping for 6 of the spoons from BC was $24, if you can imagine.

Charterboat Operator

got me several to try this coming weekend, will give a report after i get back,
    thanks
    AKcaveman

Charterboat Operator

thought i would give a little test report from yesterday.
    green sandlance spoon -3 hookups
    fly -1
    herring -6
    in about 3 hours in K Bay

rather impressive
    thanks
    Ray

Here is the new web site link for Sand Lance,Anchovy and Herring spoons! Andrew is getting there www.Aptackleworks.com so check it out!!!

Those are nice looking lures. I'm a real sucker for buying new spoon patterns - these may come in handy when the needlefish begin to spawn next spring over in Sitka Sound.

Ordered more gear!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKcaveman View Post
    Here is the new web site link for Sand Lance,Anchovy and Herring spoons! Andrew is getting there www.Aptackleworks.com so check it out!!!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

It's really worth assembling a $200 order to get at their free shipping. It's really well made gear, but that Canadian shipping. Ouch!

Just about ordered a set of rugs/runners for the new smoker/meat shed $230, shipping was $256! Wife will check amozon prime first. Growing up in the village you almost get used the shipping cost, amozon prime is quick too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    It's really worth assembling a $200 order to get at their free shipping. It's really well made gear, but that Canadian shipping. Ouch!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Growing up in the village you almost get used the shipping cost, amozon prime is quick too.
    You'll laugh. We have a little tiny PO out where I live, open 2 hours a day, three days a week. Amazon Prime is making the place too small! The postmaster runs out of places to stack boxes, plus she's getting a heck of a workout. Leading up to Christmas she pleads with people to check every day for packages, or she's overrun. I do notice that she's getting a heck of a set of arms on her now.

These are killer spoons!
    i have been using them the past two seasons.
    got to order me some more and the way the Canadian dollar is its like getting them at 40% off...

I was wondering how long these spoons are especially the sand Lance. The local forage here in the summer is almost entirely made up of sand lance. I normally drag #6 needle fish spoons with good effect. I'm interested in trying these for a change. The colors available look good especially the greens and the gold/silver. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast