Thread: FFL forms and other forms for 5 or 10 or 20 guns at one time..........???

Default FFL forms and other forms for 5 or 10 or 20 guns at one time..........???

What is the number of firearms purchased or taken off consignment that requires a separate additional form beyond the 4473 form......??? Is it 5 or 10 firearms at the same time.......or the same day.....???

I was in sportsmans the other day buying a gun and asked the same question.
    They said there is an extension form for the 4473.
    My understanding is its the same background check. Just one call but an extension form has the additional firearms added to it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

If more than five firearms are involved in a transaction, the information required by Section D, questions 26-30, must be provided for the additional firearms on a separate sheet of paper, which must be attached to the ATF Form 4473 covering the transaction. https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
    Use your Google-fu, AGL!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Well, they have changed it then. It was that they had to call a different agency, maybe FBI, and it had to be faxed in right away. The 4473 is not faxed.

I remember there was a time when I had the Alaska CCL and they did not have to call in when you bought a firearm. But I took a bunch of firearms off consignment, and there was a special form for buying or taking a lot guns in one day, and I could not leave with my guns till they got a fax back, OK'ing it. This was in the 1980's.

Only one form 4473 has to be filled out for a transfer of firearms at one time. There is no limit to the number of firearms that can be transferred on one form. A separate sheet of paper is used to record the information for the guns that exceed the capacity of the 4473. HOWEVER..... If 2 or more of the firearms being transferred are handguns of any type, an additional form 3310 "Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers" must be filled out, and copies are faxed to the National Tracing Center and the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction where the transfer took place. This form must also be submitted if the purchaser obtains 2 or more handguns from the dealer within 5 business days. The form 3310 is NOT required when the handguns are being returned to the same person from whom they are received. (Instruction 1 on the back of the form. You may want to point that out to the dealer if he is submitting the form for consignments being returned.)
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

When gun smithing customers didn't have to fill out anything to get their guns back no matter how many they picked up nor did they for consignments. Got out in 2000 so things may have changed
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Only one form 4473 has to be filled out for a transfer of firearms at one time. There is no limit to the number of firearms that can be transferred on one form. A separate sheet of paper is used to record the information for the guns that exceed the capacity of the 4473. HOWEVER..... If 2 or more of the firearms being transferred are handguns of any type, an additional form 3310 "Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers" must be filled out, and copies are faxed to the National Tracing Center and the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction where the transfer took place. This form must also be submitted if the purchaser obtains 2 or more handguns from the dealer within 5 business days. The form 3310 is NOT required when the handguns are being returned to the same person from whom they are received. (Instruction 1 on the back of the form. You may want to point that out to the dealer if he is submitting the form for consignments being returned.)
    I must learn to appreciate all there wonderfully, useful laws that make us so much safer.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

What are these forms you speak of? Just get your ffl.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Been there, Done that, Never Ever going there again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post

Just because you have an FFL doesn't mean you don't have to do the paperwork on guns you transfer to yourself.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    When gun smithing customers didn't have to fill out anything to get their guns back no matter how many they picked up nor did they for consignments. Got out in 2000 so things may have changed
    Still the same Will . . . as far as I can remember the only new stuff is;

AWB sunsetted and is done so a gun is a gun like pre 1994.

The box 10a/10b split ethnicity stuff on 4473 . . . they want to separately know about Hispanic and Latinos buying guns for some reason now.

And Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas FFLs must report multiple sales of semiautomatic rifles capable of accepting a detachable magazine and with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 caliber) to an unlicensed person.

The last two stem from the Fast & Furious gun walking mess here in Arizona that lead to dead people all over AZ, CA, NM, and TX thanks to Phoenix ATF not living under their own laws!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona