Thread: Fiberglass boat repair shops

Default Fiberglass boat repair shops

I picked up a 17ft Arima Sea Chaser a few weeks ago and I need to get the hole under the pedestal seats patched up so I can install my back to back seats I purchased.

Any fiberglass shops in anchorage you recommend on patching this up? The hole is about 3-4 inch wide . I wouldn't mind a fresh layer of gel coat on the deck either

I'd recommend Joel at Ashbreez Boatworks. He did some work on a C Dory that I used to own, and it turned out better than new. He does great work.

Boat works on old seward You cant find a better shop A++++++ I wont use anyone else again but them

I think the name of the place is CAC, but I'm not sure as I'm not home at the time. But on the Parks Highway, behind the old cinema, just down from the Arctic Cat Dealership, and behind Evangelo's Restaurant. These guys are absolutely awesome and know what they are doing. They even worked with me on an insurance claim after the wife had a major booboo. They not only can patchwhat you need, but will make it color match to the point you will never know where the patch was needed. Since the boating season is mostly done for the year they (or whoever you use) won't be rushed to repair and can do an even better job.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Another vote for CAC if you decide to come out to the valley.
    Bk