Thread: Fjallraven pants

Default Fjallraven pants

Earlier this year I ordered a pair of the Fjallraven Keb pants and found a pair of the pro vidda on clearance at a store locally. I've worn the vidda's more than the Keb but both have held up really well through a lot of terrain. I've gotten them pretty wet hiking through tall grass in overcast rainy weather and they dry pretty quick. No tears or rips after hiking through thick brush. I did a few hikes in snow but haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time in colder weather with them. the time that I did spend they were warm and I only had some under armour warm gear under them.
    They both are made of what Fjallraven calls g-1000, and the Keb has some stretch type material placed strategically that I could see be beneficial when doing some serious climbing. The Pro Videas IMO are more durable and probably better for hiking through brush. There sizes run a little big, I'm pretty tall 6'3 and I have the tall version (Keb 2 inches longer approx than Reg) and the pro vidda in Reg and they still bunch up a little on my boots.
    They have plenty of pockets but none on the backside. The leg cuffs can be tightened plus they have a hook for the laces so they stay put. they are little expensive $150-200 but I think I'll be able to get my moneys worth from them.
    Anyone else wearing these for hunting, hiking or climbing?

I've got a pair of Barents Pro. Probably the most comfortable pants I've ever worn, plus they're surprisingly tough and dry quickly. Haven't tried waterproofing them with Greenland wax yet but I'm curious to see how well that works. That G-1000 fabric is really excellent. So, yeah - I'm a fan, too.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

How are these pants for quietness? Are they too noisy to sneak up on a feeding Griz with your bow ?

I ordered a pair of the barent's - - hoping they are going to work for my fall sheep hunt. They seem pretty heavy - not sure that is what I need for sheep hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    How are these pants for quietness? Are they too noisy to sneak up on a feeding Griz with your bow ?

I ordered a pair of the barent's - - hoping they are going to work for my fall sheep hunt. They seem pretty heavy - not sure that is what I need for sheep hunting.
    i haven't really paid attention to how loud they are. I pulled them both out and rubbed the material together and the waxed ones were noisier.

I looked up the Barents and they seem more on the heavy duty side of the line with double knee and all.

There are two models of the Barent Pro. One is the Pants, other is Trouser. I bought the pants from backcountrydotcom and that is not what I wanted. I talked to "my" rep at BC and he recommended the Keb Trouser. I got them on Monday. Waxed them up (talk about a small piece of wax...). They seem pretty good. Not too noisy so far around the house. I wear a 38 waist and bought the 40" and they fit just about right.

I've worn the Keb trousers on a bunch of hunts this spring for bear. The spandex material is showing a lot of wear. Not sure if they will make it through the year. The g1000 material as they call it seems to be holding up well.

I was kind of worried about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - after wearing these pants for home chores I have come to the painful (170$ worth) conclusion that these will NOT suffice for my fall sheep hunt. They get wet way too easily and all of the pockets and stretchy bottom lashings and such are just extra unnecessary weight.

So - after wearing these pants for home chores I have come to the painful (170$ worth) conclusion that these will NOT suffice for my fall sheep hunt. They get wet way too easily and all of the pockets and stretchy bottom lashings and such are just extra unnecessary weight.
    If you have the Kebs they are made to have the G-1000 material coated with wax.

The lower leg has a built in gaitor and the straps at the bottom are made to pull tight around your boots.

https://www.amazon.com/Fjallraven-F7...fjallraven+wax
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I thoroughly coated every inch of the pants with their overpriced bees wax. I take gaitors with me sheep hunting so don't need them built into my pants. They do dry fast but I cant have wet pants for days on end potentially.

Do you wear the kebs sheep hunting steve?

Do you wear the kebs sheep hunting steve?

I got mine off massdrop for 1/2 price, so I thought I would try them. I like them for hiking, the leg pockets are too forward for me and the major turn off is the snaps on the leg pocket clatter if not snapped.

I bought them to consider as sheep pants, but I believe I have others I like better for extended wear.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/