Thread: Any Recent Water Level Reports from the Middle Kenai?

Default Any Recent Water Level Reports from the Middle Kenai?

I'm thinking about making a run down there with a buddy of mine. I was just curious if it was too low to run with an outboard. I've looked at the stream gauge data. It looks like it's still a little low, but not abnormally low. Just curious if anyone has run it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    I'm thinking about making a run down there with a buddy of mine. I was just curious if it was too low to run with an outboard. I've looked at the stream gauge data. It looks like it's still a little low, but not abnormally low. Just curious if anyone has run it recently.
    If you know the channels you "should" be ok, if not bring an extra prop. I saw three different boats destroy their prop while running full speed in the wrong channel.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    If you know the channels you "should" be ok, if not bring an extra prop. I saw three different boats destroy their prop while running full speed in the wrong channel.
    Thanks. Good advice.

I just got back from camping on the middle. Water is definitely lower than normal. So need to stay in the channel. It was the number of boats anchored/drifting that makes it tough, as you need to maneuver around them I run a jet so not a problem, but need to may attention if running a prop.