Thread: WINTER SURVIVAL GEAR CHANGE-OUT TIME of the YEAR.........Today

Default WINTER SURVIVAL GEAR CHANGE-OUT TIME of the YEAR.........Today

Today was a good day to take out my summer survival gear, and add in the 34 degrees below survival gear. Speaking of caches, now that you bring the subject up. In the old day, yes even before my time......that cute log cache you see in cabin photos, was for much more than moose meat and trapped hides/pelts.

The cache (That cute log thing on long poles) was the survival building if the cabin burned to the ground at 46 degrees below zero.

So I assume the cache (In this case a 55 gallon steel drum with a snap-ring lid) at your cabin has survival gear for the maximum number of over night guest..........Correct.

Everyone got out, but they are standing there in their under clothes, which is fun while your burning cabin is toasty, but as the fire burns out and it is 17 degrees below.......now what.......???

If your riding two-up on the snow machine.......is there survival sleeping bags for two or only one. When was the last time everyone in your family practiced starting a fire in 7 feet of snow at 9 degrees below. Yes you can do it, but what if your unconscious.....???

Alaska will KILL you, and the wind will laugh at your folly.

Great reminder and ideas, thank you!!!

Thanks for the great reminder

Release Lake Trout