Thread: Barnes Vor-tx Ammunition

Default Barnes Vor-tx Ammunition

Been looking all around for some 180 grain Barnes TTSX ammo for my 300 Win Mag. Boondocks, Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Great Northern Guns, Alaska Ammo, even Midway USA is out of the stuff. Everybody says it's on back order and they have no idea when it may arrive. I know this is a popular round but dang. Anybody have any idea why this is so hard to find and when we might start seeing it again?

Thanks

I was on Midway today looking for the same, just used my last ones and am going on a Utah mule deer hunt next week. I ended up ordering the 165 grain, and they are being shipped to my buddy in Seattle. The Federal premium tophy bonded tip would be a fine alternative
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Boater View Post
    Been looking all around for some 180 grain Barnes TTSX ammo for my 300 Win Mag. Boondocks, Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Great Northern Guns, Alaska Ammo, even Midway USA is out of the stuff. Everybody says it's on back order and they have no idea when it may arrive. I know this is a popular round but dang. Anybody have any idea why this is so hard to find and when we might start seeing it again?

Thanks
    Hunting season is just starting in most of the L48... seasonal demand peak. If you have an immediate need there are a number of good loads to try that will give great results. If you just want to resupply...it'll be back in stock in a bit.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Time to start loading your own.

Three bears in birch wood had some "fixins" a couple days ago. I didnt
    look at already made stuff.