Thread: 100% Homemade Wooden Lure - Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow

Smile 100% Homemade Wooden Lure - Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow

Hello Alaska Anglers

I was continuing working with my project of 100% Homemade Balsa wooden lures, and trying to improve my work.

This time, I did not add more wood details to the plug’s head. I used directly the body wood I did, and then I coated it with epoxy before adding the Aluminum and Hologram foils, before to paint them.

Even though I am not an expert painting with the airbrush, I tried to do my best. I am very happy with the result.

Particularly, in this video, I am going to show you how I did with the Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow “Blue Violet Back”. I finished it some days ago. Also, you will see some details when I was preparing the lure before paint it. Well I hope you like it, and I will wait for your questions and comments.

In my next video, I will show you the details of each plug of the first dozen of "Attila Fat Minnow" that I have made.

Thank you for watching and I hope you like the video. Here is the link to the video.... have a safe fishing, Antonio

LINK:

# 1 you do a great job they look like you will get lots of fish
    #2 what type of fish will you be going after ?
    # 3 talk to me about hook stablelize ing ? how do you do the hooks just put them into the Balsa ???? or do you run wire to them so they will not
    pull out SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    # 1 you do a great job they look like you will get lots of fish
    #2 what type of fish will you be going after ?
    # 3 talk to me about hook stablelize ing ? how do you do the hooks just put them into the Balsa ???? or do you run wire to them so they will not
    pull out SID
    Hello Sid

#1 Thank you so much !!!
    #2 I always go for Flounders and Corvinas (somekind of Seabass or Weakfish) ...maybe you can wach some of my fishing videos in my Channel
    #3 I ran a Stainlees steel wire through inside the body to hosl the trebele hooks...

Default 100% Homemade Wooden Lure - Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow

Do you make your own blanks or buy them?
    If you make them are they hand carved or do you use a duplicator?
    I make most of my own tackle but do not use this style lure so I haven't tried to make one yet.
    My foiled lead jigs are killer on the Alaska saltwater species.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Hello Kasilofchirisn ... greetings from Peru..

I am very sorry for my late reply, please receive my apologies. Thank you for you message.

Answering to your questions I carve my Attila Fat Minnow plugs, one by one...I do not buy them or use a duplicator... doing that will make my life easier ..hahaha...but the feeling of doing this work would be totally different.
    Recently I bought some plastic plugs in Amazon to paint them...but it was a different feeling. Even though I enjoyed painting them (I'll post a video in the coming future) I prefer to do my own lures starting from zero.
    On the other hand, I do some kind of spoon jigs which I called Attila Slim. I do them from stainless steel knives and maybe you can watch the video in my channel where I show how to do it. This lure is very effective and maybe you can try doing something similar. Some months ago, I sent one of my Attila Slim to a friend in Denmark, and it was very successful.
    Let's keep in touch, and I will be more tha happy to respond you in case you have further questions...

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Do you make your own blanks or buy them?
    If you make them are they hand carved or do you use a duplicator?
    I make most of my own tackle but do not use this style lure so I haven't tried to make one yet.
    My foiled lead jigs are killer on the Alaska saltwater species.

Wood carving really isn't my thing.
    That and I don't currently use any of those style plugs in my fishing.
    I do make and use lead jigs of all shapes,styles,and colors and spinners which I do make myself.
    I make my own leaders and sinkers as well.
    I have thought about making some YouTube videos on tackle making. Maybe someday.
    Are you a member of www.tackleunderground.com or any other tackle making forums?
    Those would be great places to discuss your lures with other lure makers who make similar stuff.

I would think you could do some crazy things with a 3D copier. I see they are now available at Lowe's.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    I would think you could do some crazy things with a 3D copier. I see they are now available at Lowe's.
    Possibly.
    Weight and balance is critical to how a plug runs.
    So likely you would need to drill and add some lead ballast.
    For just a few you'd be fine.
    For a few dozen a duplicator is the better choice.
    That's for a unique design.
    Standard design blanks can be bought for a decent price. Then you just paint and finish them.
    Of course some people just like making as much as they can themselves.
    To know you hand carved and finished your own lure that then caught a fish for you is a good feeling I'm sure.
    I know It's always exciting for me to catch fish on my own homemade lures.
    Especially when your out fishing those around you.