Thread: This weekend

Default This weekend

So I have a waterfowl hunting trip all set for this weekend and last night I find out that my son can't join me due to a family medical issue and my brother who was flying up from Outside also can't make it. I'm checking with friends but at this late date I'm not finding anyone who can get off work on Friday with such short notice. So here is the deal. We head out on Friday morning and catch the 8:30 AM Whittier Tunnel. I have a 26' Hewescraft PC. It sleeps five with the back camper, has a Wallas Cook Stove, Espar heater, dining table etc. We sleep and eat on the boat and hunt both puddle ducks and geese. Will be coming back on Sunday afternoon. I have all the decoys, a dog and an area that we hunt that is pretty unique-nothing ever guaranteed but it's usually a fairly productive hunt. I've been skippering boats for many years and I have all the safety gear (Hardwired VHF, Handheld VHF, EPIRB etc) I'm looking for either one person, a father and son or a couple of buddies who loves waterfowl hunting, are easy to get along with, don't smoke and are fine with just a beer or two at the end of a good day of hunting and are good with sharing expense. We hunt both over dekes (easy set up and hunting) and jump hunting (a lot more work but can be quite good). I'd consider doing this solo but my wife is not letting me out the door unless I have someone else going along.... So if you are interested shoot me a PM and we'll arrange to talk in more details about this trip. The weather forecast is looking good.
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

My partner backed out on me as well. Flying over the inlet was the plan, now I'm not sure.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Heading to my buddies duck shack was my backup but the folks we charter with stopped flying over there last weekend.

Where about is that duck shack located?

sending pm sent
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Sealy Lake

I am just north of sealy

Been over to the shack twice this year. Once for the opener and then again last weekend. Opener was a bit weird between the lack of planes (restricted by the Pres visit) and the lack of water. Most of the places we normally set up on were completely dry. But then last weekend it was as wet as we have ever seen it. Limited on geese both days on the opener but didn't get limits of ducks and then last weekend it was the opposite. I enjoy both places we hunt-Sealy and PWS-they both have different types of hunting.

If I werent In alabama for work I would be on this like stink on a turd. Maybe Duckhunter01 (Hugh) will jump on this?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Sounds like great time. Wish I could go.

Hugh is planning on hunting the valley I am pretty sure. Talked to him yesterday.

I'll be game to go on any trips after Sunday... For that matter anywhere pretty much anytime. Have a few trips planned end of next week.. Pretty flexible and have anything gear wise to help.

This would be w treat for anyone for sure.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.