Thread: Western AK Range air taxi?

Default Western AK Range air taxi?

My wife and I are looking to book an early season sheep hunt for next year, and at this point we're thinking the Western AK Range since neither of us have explored that country much before. After too many years of having to start work right when the season opens, we're finally going to be able to make a reasonable hunt happen. That said, I'm not sure who to contact out that direction. Recommendations?

Brian, aren't you forgetting that this forum isn't about helping other guys get an animal that you might have a chance at? I know your only asking for help finding a transporter but, jeesh, if we help you get in there that might be one, or even two, less sheep for those who already can get in there. You and your wife are fairly serious hunters.........don't want any more of those in the sheep mountains if we can help it. And it's not like you 2 are going in on draw permits..............your gonna be competing with all the other guys and gals who are in there with harvest tickets!
    Sorry, I know of a transporter or 2 that likely works that area but I'd just hate for you to get MY ram!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Always appreciate your wit, Mike.

And thanks to the couple of folks that have offered advice via PM.

I am thinking of the same plan of action.....sheep - Western AK range. Hear tell the Brooks is plumb out of sheep.

Barry Stanley of Denali Flying Service out of Willow is a good pilot with reasonable prices.