Thread: Boykin pup

Default Boykin pup

Hello all I just got a new Boykin puppy and I'm wondering which organization is best suited to work in the Boykin in and if anybody can direct me to puppy classes in the valley. Thanks

Arctic Bird dog association has an experienced spaniel contingent and they have classes in the spring. I am assuming you will work towards the flushing style of hunting with some water retrieving mixed in....you can visit their website for more info.

Congrats on the pup...where did it come from? If I were to get a spaniel the Boykin would be on top of the list. I hope to meet you and yours someday.
    Any pictures to share?
    Enjoy

Thank you for replying, pup came from Brownhowler kennel in Big Lake. I plan on hunting her on ducks,grouse,tarmigan and possibly rabbit.If my training is half way sufficent I will hunt test as well but doubt I will field trial . Do plan on joining Artic and hope to get some pictures posted soon. Just letting her be a puppy now and doing basic behavior training and socialization she is 4 months so have get serious soon. She gets long walks in the woods daily and is showing a strong nose , she retreivers to hand and delivers very well for her age and no training just play.

Quote Originally Posted by savageak View Post
    Thank you for replying, pup came from Brownhowler kennel in Big Lake. I plan on hunting her on ducks,grouse,tarmigan and possibly rabbit.If my training is half way sufficent I will hunt test as well but doubt I will field trial . Do plan on joining Artic and hope to get some pictures posted soon. Just letting her be a puppy now and doing basic behavior training and socialization she is 4 months so have get serious soon. She gets long walks in the woods daily and is showing a strong nose , she retreivers to hand and delivers very well for her age and no training just play.
    My daughter has a two year old from Brownhowler in Eagle River, so there is a Brownhowler also in Big Lake?

Believe they were in Eagle River now in Big Lake

Quote Originally Posted by savageak View Post
    Believe they were in Eagle River now in Big Lake
    Ok, thanks