Thread: Where to get a block heater anchorage

Default Where to get a block heater anchorage

I live on JBER and need to get a block heater installed, where would be the best place to get that done for the price?

The auto shop on base next to the Commissary/BX used to install them for a fairly good price.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post
    The auto shop on base next to the Commissary/BX used to install them for a fairly good price.
    They install for 113 dollars plus the part, is that comparable to off base? The only problem is they operate on weekdays and I work all week

Usually a very easy, and clean install, is a lower radiator hose heating element. They work really well. Personally I'd do that rather than pay somebody to install a block heater that can run into quite a few bucks if it's hard to get to. Somethin' else to think about anyway....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Setch View Post
    They install for 113 dollars plus the part, is that comparable to off base? The only problem is they operate on weekdays and I work all week
    I've been out of state about a year for school, but if I remember correctly going shop rate is ~$85-90 an hour. So depending on what vehicle you have and how difficult it is to access everything, that's probably fairly good. I always used Muldoon Auto outside the Muldoon gate, a little more expensive but Paul will treat you right.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by Setch View Post
    You can't drop the vehicle off and pick it up later in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    You can't drop the vehicle off and pick it up later in the day?
    I could I would just need to make sure I have someone to pick me up and drop me off

Big O automotive has a good reputation, but I don't know about the price. You could call for a quote.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Usually a very easy, and clean install, is a lower radiator hose heating element. They work really well. Personally I'd do that rather than pay somebody to install a block heater that can run into quite a few bucks if it's hard to get to. Somethin' else to think about anyway....
    The block heater is 10 times more efficient than a radiator hose heater as the heat goes direct into the block, there is a big heat lose from the hose that is exposed to the cold on all sides .