Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo costs

Default Ammo costs

I was just in a newly open store here in Fbks. and 22 ammo was marked at 50 a brick. Is this the going price now?

Default Ammo costs

Bought a brick for ~$32 a few weeks ago in Eagle River.

It's been so long since I've even seen any 22s on the shelf, I wouldn't have any idea as to what they're going for.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Depends on what type of ammo. I have been seeing more of the premium ammo. But seems like 30-35 for generic bulk here in Wasilla.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

I stocked up when Clinton started his gun ban antics..guess i'll wait for more reasonable prices.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Quote Originally Posted by budman5 View Post
    I was just in a newly open store here in Fbks. and 22 ammo was marked at 50 a brick. Is this the going price now?

Must be neckbeard's store?

Only if folks are willing to pay that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Must be neckbeard's store?
    Yup. Opened yesterday.
    Nuff sedd, fer sure.
    Yup.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Nuff sedd, fer sure.

Paid .079/ea in Fbks a couple weeks ago for CCI Quiet 22's...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I stocked up when Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower was re-elected to the second term. $4.95 for 500 shorts, $5.49 for brick of longs, and $5.95 for a brick of long rifle. But a whole woodchuck would bring two to four bits. Good money for a young professional hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by budman5506137
    I stocked up when Clinton started his gun ban antics..guess i'll wait for more reasonable prices.

Sounds like you're a little younger than me, or maybe there was a regional difference. I used to get paid a penny each for setting siphon tubes to irrigate when I was a wee lad. I could get 2 boxes of shorts for setting 70 tubes, or just a little over an hour's work. Lotta money for a broke country kid.

I saw bricks of common fodder 22LR going for $45 and $50 at the Palmer gun show this weekend.

Wasn't interested and moved on. I have enough.

Add shipping............http://www.wikiarms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I stocked up when Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower was re-elected to the second term. $4.95 for 500 shorts, $5.49 for brick of longs, and $5.95 for a brick of long rifle. But a whole woodchuck would bring two to four bits. Good money for a young professional hunter.
    Of course, according to an inflation calculator from the bureau of labor statistics, $5 in 1957 has the same purchasing power as $42.40 today. So...my $32 brick from two weeks ago was a better price than you $5 brick 55+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by budman5 View Post
    Next time you happen by, ask the proprietor if that .22lr was part of the stock he got from Wal-mart in April 2014 and then bragged about on several sites. He ended up amassing over 100 bricks by cheating the rules. Once he bragged about it, I decided not to buy anything from him. You can't trust his ethics as a businessman if he doesn't follow the rules.

That said, I just picked up a bucket o bullets at wally world for $88.88 for 1400. which works out to about 6 cents a round. Or less than neckbeard is charging.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Of course, according to an inflation calculator from the bureau of labor statistics, $5 in 1957 has the same purchasing power as $42.40 today. So...my $32 brick from two weeks ago was a better price than you $5 brick 55+ years ago.
    Then, of course there are the Storage Costs to consider.

The fact that back then, ammo was not made to todays exacting standards. (Probably bout 20% FTF.)

Then there is the Stigma of shooting Obsolete Ammo.

AND, incurring the ire of cartridge collectors for destroying what they would like to see on display.

There are HUGE Downsides to having that ammo.

But, I'm usually willing to help a fellow Shooter with problems like this.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I saw bricks of common fodder 22LR going for $45 and $50 at the Palmer gun show this weekend.

Wasn't interested and moved on. I have enough.
    Me too, and I didn't look at anything else on his table.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I would never pay 50 for a brick, at that price shoot a case of shotgun shells. I bought a brick at a garage sale for 25 couple of weeks ago. This hole .22 ammo crisis and the crazy prices is kind of ridiculous. 5 years ago trustworthy in Soldanta had blazer(not great ammo..) bricks for 19.99. The supply hasn't changed much, every one running in and trying to get as much as possible is the problem.
    Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I got a bucket of bullets as well for $88.88 and the week before a brick of Blazer at GNG for $28 and about the same time 6 50 packs for $2.80 @. I'm about done now as I believe I have enough to last. About 6 cents per rd is my upper limit. I would like a few more of the CCI quiets though. I refuse to pay scalper prices for anything. There are things I can reload for 5 cents a rd or less.

Yeah, at $50+ a brick I'm out. I can buy a box of 50 every year or two for the limited hunting I do with the .22LR.

Recreational shooting has been largely replaced with a .22 air gun (super cheap to shoot) and shotgunning (super fun).
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast