Thread: Recommended Taxidermist for Moose European Mount

Default Recommended Taxidermist for Moose European Mount

Does anyone have suggestions on a taxidermist to do a European mount on a moose? I'm looking for something in Alaska.

Also, how does a person have an animal officially scored? If I send it into town, I wouldn't mind knowing what it scored from someone who knows what they are doing.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dependant greatly on where YOU are located. Any Taxidermist can do a European skull. Its all in the degreasing & Bleaching.

My studio is in Fairbanks.

I am also a Master Measurer for SCI.

If all you want is a Score , Boone & Crocket & SCI score them the same, only differences are SCI Adds all the points together so the animal gets credit for All he grew, & Boone & Crocket Deducts the differences.

The Gross scores will be the same but the NET scores will differ ALOT.

Plus the Minimums scores for Boone & Crochet & SCI are quite a bit different also.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Palmer, AK.

Where are you located?

Counting Frogs and Skeeters

RJ is the man to go to.. has worked on my big blackie, currently has my brown and my wifes fox. I wouldn't let anyone else touch my stuff besides him. Stand up guy and runs a absolutely stand up operation.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I'm in Galena. I'd prefer someone in Anchorage or Fairbanks, since I will have to air freight them into town.

Note taken on the suggestion ProHunterAK.