Thread: warm waterproof hunting gloves ?

Default warm waterproof hunting gloves ?

What's out there for warm waterproof hunting gloves ? What gram ? There is a thread from 2010 in the hunting gear section but that place is dead over there so I thought I would post it in the hunting section. I would be using them this November for a deer hunt the ones I used the last few years did not do a very good job at drying out before the next day
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    What's out there for warm waterproof hunting gloves ? What gram ? There is a thread from 2010 in the hunting gear section but that place is dead over there so I thought I would post it in the hunting section. I would be using them this November for a deer hunt the ones I used the last few years did not do a very good job at drying out before the next day
    Fleece lined PVC fishing gloves, take a couple pair and rotate.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I agree with Stid. I use them on my 10 day float trip every year. We always get rained on when rowing. Since I've switched to them I've never had wet/cold hands. $17 at Trustworthy.

I will check them out thanks

Default PVC Gloves

I've been using the green GI wool inserts inside my PVC fishing gloves. Don't cost much and they work really well.

When headed to any wet place for any activity I will have my orange Atlas "crabber" gloves as already mentioned above. These days I get a new pair every two to three years from AIH. they have issues with the gauntlet wrists working with some styles of coat sleeves. You'll have to decide on inside or outside the coat sleeve.

The other option that I have been using the last two falls are Proflex utility gloves with the "outdry" system. Light insulation in some models and with the water proof coating on the exterior of the insulation and liners with no sewn seams like in most goretex gloves it appears to work. However, being a cloth glove I have yet to fully test them out by soaking them like I do the Atlas crabber gloves. Driving my open skiff on the Tanana in late September and they managed the wind and cold well. Open skiffs at less than 40 degrees sucks no matter what, but the gloves do well to block the wind.

the outdry system is in use in lots of sporting goods gloves these days. The only camo/hunting version I have found is by Browning for their waterfowl and upland hunting gloves. They are silly expensive, so I have stuck with plain black work gloves.

Talked to a duck hunter the other day and he swears by these https://www.averyoutdoors.com/pvc-gauntlet-decoy-glove so I bought a pair to try out they are fleece lined and pvc coated