Thread: Favorite Tackle Box?

Default Favorite Tackle Box?

It seems tackle boxes are one of the most overlooked aspect of fishing. I have plaqued myself with cheap tray tackle boxes in the past, I call them glorified trout boxes. These type of boxes are cheap, hold a considerable amount of tackle, and are small in size. But hardware can easily jump from tray to tray, and god forbid, if the tackle box flips upside down you might as well call it a day so you can go home and spend the evening sorting a rats nest of line, tackle, and hooks. Since I have been complaining about my glorified trout box since breakup my wife and daughter surprised me with a new tackle box for father's day. They bought me the Plano 777 series box.

I think this will be the tackle box I have always wanted. Sometimes when I target specific fish I do not need the entire tackle box to tag along. I setup one of the large utility boxes specificaly for salmon, one smaller utility box with trout hardware, another with an assortment of small flies, and the last box is filled with pike hardware. I can grab a utility box that fits my needs and head out on the water, or take the entire tackle box if desired. There are no trays to jam, more than adequate room, and the utility boxes just top off what has so far been a well designed tackle box. This one is a keeper.

What boxes do you guys/gals use?

Default my set ups

my set up for fishing.bmpthis is my box but my set up as in what i fish looks like dual rig set up.bmp

I primarily use a box that was given to me as a present a few years back. It is 4 boxes in a cloth holder that velcrows together. I think it came from cabellas.

I also have an old tool box that I keep stuff that I rarly use.

I have 5 fly boxes with me at all times the rest of my gear hangs on various parts of my car I can stick a hook into
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I just got one of theese to set up for river fishing salmon. I'll let you know how it works. I did quite a bit of research into it before I purchased so hopefully I'm on the right track. I like that it has large pockets to keep pre-packaged lures, leaders, etc. in without having to take them out of their bags and stuff them into the boxes.

http://www.planomolding.com/content/...=48&partid=204

I tried various methods to carry gear. The Cabelas Fishing backpack w/ trays works best for me. I have flexability to carry all the gear I need and simply switch out the trays as for what species I will be targeting. Lots of space to even include an extra light saber. Durable - traveled well both in and out of the field and fits well in the storage hatch of my X-wing fighter. I have used the same pack for 5 years now, no broken zippers & no holes. Easy to carry with the handle on top or packing on my back.

Check it out, I see they have an improved model now also, the original is great, might have to pick up a new model also. TSS

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...327&hasJS=true
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

My boat box has 4 seperate removable drawers as well as a deep upper chest. Loaded, it weighs about 40 or 50 lbs. I like to be prepared... and have gear for friends.

Fishing from shore I will use just about anything that fits in a small daypack. I have a growing appreciation for the Folgers Coffee containers.

As i don`t always fish for the same species all the time i constantly re-arrange my tackle box/pack/etc for what ever i`m after.
    No sense taking a whole lot of crap when it`s not needed. Works for me.

Default tackle box

I have a Plano777 also and bought a few extra tray's for it. I have my gear arrainged so that I can just swap tray's depending on what I'll be fishing for and where. I also alway's wear a vest loaded with the staples, then put a few of whateverI might need in it for the day. THe tackle box is in my truck and I can go resupply if needed without having to worry about carrying it around all day. I like to move from spot to spot when fishing so I try to be as light as possible.

I also have the Plane 777 and an older but similar model as well as 2 of the soft sided boxes (bags) with removable trays. Maybe 1 more and I won't need to swap anything, just boxes.
    I also have one of them old flip open boxes for trout that I packed with tackle for red's. I haven't found any one particlular box to suit every need but the ones with trays sure are nice to prevent dumping everything at once.