Thread: Let the Season begin! Kings in Homer.

Default Let the Season begin! Kings in Homer.

While many folks finish up their hunting or look forward to ice fishing, this is the time of year I look forward to heading to Homer with the consistent feeder king action. Not necessarily fast action but it does seem to be pretty reliable especially late September through Mid December.

Add the fact that the boat ramp is closed through December 15th, and it makes this kayak thing seem pretty cool.

Saturday I hit the water late in the afternoon. Humpback whales EVERYWHERE! I bet there were several dozen in the immediate area. Interesting to see the bait found in the fish was not sandlances but looked to be small herring. II had one left on my 5 annual and my father still had four on his tag so I keep three, one for me, two for dad. Most of my action cam 20 ft down in about 55 to 60ft of water.

Sunday was much slower. But I did manage to go 3 for 6 in 5 hours of fishing. Kept two for dad's proxy.

The fish all look healthy and they all seem larger than last year. Even the shakers seem larger. I'd say average was a tad under 15 pounds. Hope this is a good sign!!!!'

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/UzAhssXcrpk

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    II had one left on my 5 annual and my father still had four on his tag so I keep three, one for me, two for dad.
    Looks like fun, but I'd be careful how I worded that if it was me.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

I'm guessing he's got a proxy.

Yup. I've got my father's proxy. Thankfully Oct 1 to Mar 31 the annual limit thing goes away.

Had another good weekend chasing kings. Not fast action like some of the powerboats. But consistent. My ten yr old son out fished me both days off the kayak. Full report later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk