I have a Ruger SRK Toklat revolver and am looking to add a levergun which I've never owned. I would not be hunting with it, just to have as a woods carry gun when I backpack. I love how the Toklat allows me to shoot 45LC 95% time yet have the capability to shoot 454 the other 5%. From what I have been able to determine, Rossi is the only company that makes a 454 Casull levergun. I love to do the same with a Rossi 454 levergun and called them about it. They don't recommend shooting 45LC from it.
If I decide to get a 45LC levergun, who makes the most solid one that can take hot 45LC loads? Some people tout Winchester while others say that Rossi is pretty solid. There is also Browning, Henry, Marlin, Uberti, and a few others. I'm sentimentally leaning toward a Winchester big hoop levergun but that's way down the list in importance.
It's nice to know that my Ruger SRH can take whatever I can throw its way. It would be comforting to buy a levergun that I know can take higher pressures.