Thread: Fresh Silvers.

Default Fresh Silvers.

Just winding down Day Two of my week on POW. Mainly targeting Coho. Score-12 fish...two limits . First took two hours, today about 90 minutes...and that was losing a bunch, too. Most fish being caught are under 10#'s with the occasional low teen buck in the net. Not mine, yet...other anglers. Caught a boatload of Cod off the dock up to 11 pounds. Tossed them all back. Kept a couple rockfish and a Sole. Great to be back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some of the cod and a rock and sole. The lodge that scored Albacore Tuna is right behind the Cod. The brown lodge, not the blue one.

Another pic.

I love Quillback. A PITA to fillet and not real big fillets, but one of my fav's. Lemon Sole are definately not keepers in my book.

Glad you are getting into the fish, look forward to the whole story when you get back

Easy limits in a hour or so every day. Average size has increased each day also. From 6-7 on day one to 8+ #'s now.

The flatfish was a northern rock sole. Today I caught a lemon sole right after another rock sole and the color difference was very evident. Also caught two Dungies on rod and reel which seemed to me quite large. My phone is charging so pics of those are coming. Plus a red rock crab. The bay was crab city.

the seals are real busy killing cohos in the estuary and ocean where I was shore jigging for rockfish. Caught a couple eating size Coppers for dinner with some salmon and clam chowder. Tasty!

a tub of 6 fish on the scale.

Where are you staying? Looks like a great time.
    Loved the 2 weeks I spent in Craig this summer, thanks for sharing.
    Redleader standing by

Nice! Haven't been to POW for several years and will go back in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Just got back....brought home 159# of Coho, sole and rockfish. Last 3 days of fishing, I limited in under an hour with 30 minutes to get 6 on Saturday.

I stayed at the Alaska Kingfisher Charters & Lodge...same place for 16 years now. The best on the island, IMO.

Anybody needing to fill the freezer; there are plenty of chrome bright silvers around and will be from weeks to come.

My buds from Idaho came over to the lodge and we jigged Pacific Cod up to the tune of 32 fish in under 2 hours. 6 are missing from the pic as they had started cleaning them by the time I stacked them up for a photo. Biggest was over 30 inches. I decided to not bring any Cod home this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy View Post
    Just got back....brought home 159# of Coho, sole and rockfish. Last 3 days of fishing, I limited in under an hour with 30 minutes to get 6 on Saturday.

I stayed at the Alaska Kingfisher Charters & Lodge...same place for 16 years now. The best on the island, IMO.

Anybody needing to fill the freezer; there are plenty of chrome bright silvers around and will be from weeks to come.

My buds from Idaho came over to the lodge and we jigged Pacific Cod up to the tune of 32 fish in under 2 hours. 6 are missing from the pic as they had started cleaning them by the time I stacked them up for a photo. Biggest was over 30 inches. I decided to not bring any Cod home this trip.
    Now that's a haul! Looks like a blast!!!!!

yea....we were filling the freezers for sure. Did not get much kayak time in at all due to big winds all week. grrrr.

Did score on the rockfish and sole from shore and one bay was full of Dungeness crabs. Caught 4 plus a red stone crab on rod and reel and put them back. My lodge owner said I should have brought them back and boiled them up. The Dungies...not the red stone crab.

Not much wind in the crab picture, sounds like you had a blast