Thread: Whitter Tunnel Schedule Change

Default Whitter Tunnel Schedule Change

Received an email from DOT, modified tunnel hours for a couple weeks.

The Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities announces a modified schedule for the Whittier Tunnel from Oct. 1, 205 until Oct. 16, 2015 in order to upgrade communications and assess the tunnel for improvements.

Beginning Oct. 1, the tunnel will not shift to the Winter Schedule. During this modified schedule, the tunnel will open on weekdays at 7 a.m. and close at 9 p.m. The last tunnel out will be at 8 p.m., and the last tunnel in will be at 8:30 p.m.

Weekends will operate on the normal Winter Schedule. The tunnel will return to its normal seasonal schedule Oct. 16.

2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the update; the Triple J is winterized but not tucked in yet. Perhaps if we have a nice weather window the wife and I might do a weekend overnight. Or, maybe Iíll take the motorcycle down and be aspectator at the launch ramp, unfortunately the season is slow so the show will be slow; always wanted to ride the 2 wheeler through the tunnel.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I still want to do a deer trip or two, really need to winterize but can't bring myself to say the season is over.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Yeah winterizing for me is just blowing out the water lines, popping off the bilge pump and running rv antifreeze though the crapper, so undoing isn't a big deal. Was thinking of a dear hunt also but as the weather chills my motivation diminishes.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

I winterized ours yesterday. RV antifreeze in the head and a bit in the freshwater tank and wash down disconnected. Blew out the water lines in both motors but far from put away for the winter. Many deer hunts to be done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

All I ever do is pull the canvas off, pour RV antifreeze in the head and both fish holds and drain the water tank. When you going out for deer?

You guys are killing me with the deer talk. Was hoping to make a go of it, but our engine had a major breakdown last week and we're out for the season. Even when it's running, we cruise at 8 kts, so a weekend deer hunt would be little more than a few hours ashore with most of the time spent running.

If you fellas make it happen, post pictures and stories so that I can live vicariously through you. Good luck!

Sure will Brian. Sucks to hear about your engine troubles. Hope you get back up running soon. We plan on heading out next weekend after the 1st if the weather holds out. But plan on many trips this fall to help fill the freezer.

MMSI# 338232859

I have two weekends of cabin rentals so will be out Oct 10 and 24 weekends for sure.

Can I just run some antifreeze in the fish hold pump and the bilges and be good to go? I don't have a head.

Yep. That'll do. . See ya out there

MMSI# 338232859

That is all I do besides draining the water tank.

I also pumped some RV antifreeze into the wash down pump. A garden hose screws right up to it so I cut an old hose about 2' long and pour some in and then run the pump till it pukes pink.