Thread: Plan B worked.

Default Plan B worked.

Well after our caribou hunt fell through, we ended up going over to Kodiak for a week. My buddy that lives in Wasilla has the rg480 2 goat registration tag this year. He has a trip planned in October with some other guys, but figured we would go try to gather one and some blacktail bucks.

Scored some good weather for the first two days and knocked down a couple of animals. Then the weather set in and we spent the rest of the trip in the tent eating mountain house, sipping whiskey, and listening to the weather blow up. I didn't fill any tags, but I'll be going back some time to settle the score. When the weather is nice, that place is a target rich environment.

300 views and no congrats?! wow...I'll be the first!

GREAT goat, looks like a real stud, fine hair for Sept....well done! Fine blacktail as well.
    Why can't we ever kill goats in that kind of country!?
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Seriously! I've been keeping my eyes on a couple goats for a possible October hunt, and the one thing that has me second guessing it is the terrain. Seeing this picture...sheesh, I can only dream!

Congratulations on a fine hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    300 views and no congrats?! wow...I'll be the first!
    GREAT goat, looks like a real stud, fine hair for Sept....well done! Fine blacktail as well.
    I was thinking the same thing. Including the part about "goats in that kind of country". Wow, grassy (big?) hill.. Heck there's at least 'rock' showing in the blacktail pic.
    Congrats. Must have been an enjoyable hunt.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Very Nice! Heck this old body may have a goat hunt in it on that kinda terrain! Skippitty do da!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Seriously! I've been keeping my eyes on a couple goats for a possible October hunt, and the one thing that has me second guessing it is the terrain. Seeing this picture...sheesh, I can only dream!

Congratulations on a fine hunt!
    Ya, goat terrain in Kodiak....Had a buddy that went with me a couple of times and got spooked in teh nasty here. I laughed as he was going to Juneau......Told him he won't be hunting goats in SE if he thinks this is scetchy...

Congrats man. we fly out for attempt #2 in 2 weeks for goats again.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Congrats! Fly out on Monday for my own and you have me even more pumped now!
    Not all those who wander, are lost.

Thanks everybody for the congrats. I will say the pictures of the goat is only where he ended up. He was on a very steep rocky knife ridge where we killed him. He fell/rolled/slid about 1000 feet down. There is a small flat spot at the top of that grassy ridge we thought he would have stopped on, but he kept on going. Definitely not the worst terrain ever to kill a goat in though.

Ahhh....the rest of the story. I wondered if that was the case.

And good luck fellas, be safe out there chasing the goats.

Probably staitng the obvious, but watch that wet/iced speed-grass. It looks harmless, but that stuff is treacherous. I did a slide a couple weeks ago that broke a Leki pole and almost busted me up....
    Proud to be an American!