Thread: Wife n kids Shootin' and scootin'.

Default Wife n kids Shootin' and scootin'.

These are from picts my son Jon, daughter Carol and my wife took this Spring whilst Hunting Oogruk and Ring seals in the Ice Pack. We use them for skins, oil and meats.

Putting the shot where it belongs is what its all about, and Jon told me he was 'In tune" ~~LOL!!~~ Hes been happy with Sielor and Bellot's heavier bullets and I guess hes gonna for as long as they are available, from what he says.

M39 Mosin, when dinners on the line, use the best
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Thank you for sharing those! Very cool pictures. THIS is subsistence.

Good times and good meats and skins.Plenty of work for the ladies.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Looks like it was a fine day!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

For sure, Good all around allright, and plenty of work for everyone around. I cant legally mess with Seals untill they are food, but theres LOTS to do for those ladys and daily camp chores as well, while its all getting done,and none of it is light. The wife wont tollerate idel people around here when she's got something to do, unless they are under the age 5 or so....~~LOL!!~~

Each day after the catch, the wife and girls put an hour or so into getting it butcher'd, flense'd, dry'd, chopp'd, render'd and contained properly, for storage.

Agnes can make the cleanest Seal skin on the first pass of flensing, barely have to scrape or flesh them. Shes good with Fur animals that way too, and been at it since she was quite small, so we figure our kids could too, and its fun to jam out and get done what needs to be done those days. Its good when you can see your teen age kids turn into young adults and keep up with you through a whole day and week, month and then years. Being able to work all day, everyday, untill the job is done seems to be the best thing we could install in them.They are also getting skilled at things not taught in school. Its best done cheerfully, and with music

If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....