Thread: Henry Big Boy 45Colt

Default Henry Big Boy 45Colt

I'm looking into get the Big Boy. Those of you who have one, what are your thoughts, had any problems and can it handle +P loads like Buffalo Boars? I really like the look & fell of this gun, but I haven't got to shoot one yet. I can't wait to get my hands on this & go plinking.

I see no reason it should not handle +P rounds when they build a .44 magnum on the same platform.

I encountered this thread on the same subject; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-45-colt-loads

That was helpful. Thanks.

My grandson has a Big Boy in 44 mag. He has only had it a year but it seems to do well with top 44 loads. They do not cause any extracting problems or anything. I see it as a well built rifle!

I got the Big Boy (45Colt) this weekend. I put a 10 rounds of jacketed and then a 120 cast 255gr swc. It ran like a champ. That is a fun gun to shoot. If you are looking for a new lever gun for plinking. I highly recommend this rifle. I haven't had that much enjoyment shooting in a long time. I think I'm going to have to make a trip to Wally World for some cheap soda cans to blow up. Good times.

I just ordered the 44 mares leg as my last lifetime gun purchase
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I just ordered the 44 mares leg as my last lifetime gun purchase
    Awesome. That looks like that will be a fun gun too. Good luck with that being your last gun purchase. I think your subconscious nose just grew a little.