Thread: DIY Moose hunts - first timer questions

Default DIY Moose hunts - first timer questions

Hello All,

I'm working with my father in law and brother to put together a DIY moose hunt. I'm to be the primary hunter, father in law secondary if time allows, and my brother is coming along to observe and pack meat!! I've read through some of the threads on here and gathered information. I would like to have more information if people are willing to share their thoughts and "how to" tips and techniques. I've been in contact with several transporters and haven't had any luck as of this post. They have given me a lot of information and been very responsive to my questions, just nothing to fit into our schedules.

If people are willing to pm and provide me some information on how to tips, transporters to work with and ones to stay away from, and general logistics that people have the tendency to over look I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your time and information!

Call Mike Strahan, he is a wealth of info and can help you in all the areas you mentioned.

You've got to be flexible around the transporters schedule. Planning is everything.

Thanks guys for the advice.

Can anyone give me a reference on Arrowhead Outfitters in a pm? I have spoken with them and they have some hunts available. Just want a little more background. Thanks