Thread: 375/06 AI, Pre 64 model 70 action

Default 375/06 AI, Pre 64 model 70 action

For sale is a 375/06 Ackley Improved 40degree shoulder. Pre 64 Model 70 action, Shilen Stainless barrel, .625 at muzzle. Action trued, trigger tuned. McMillan Griffen & Howe pattern stock, black. Includes custom RCBS dies and formed brass. $1600 shipped within AK. $30 additional shipped to lower 48. Add a 1.5-5 Leupold in weaver mounts for additional $250. Photos on request.

Correction: This is a Lilja Barrel, NOT a Shilen

Barrel length and contour? If you don't know the Lilja contour number, is it a heavy weight, mid or light weight contour? Blued action? Iron sights or slick?

TO GD Yankee: 22" stainless matte finish, no iron sights. Action blued. It's .625 at the muzzle, in the light-mid weight range ... PM your email and I'll send some photos. I'll be out most of the day, but can get to it tonight

This add keeps me up at night....
    Did you ever chronograph any loads?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    This add keeps me up at night....
    Did you ever chronograph any loads?
    I did but it has been several years and I can't find my record. I remember 2500 fps +/- with 250 Sierra. Took a moose with it in '94. In the years since I've used 235 TSX Barnes for blacktail and bear insurance on Admirality Is .... I would probably use it exclusively for all game because of increased velocity, accuracy and solid construction. It also likes 250 Hawk bullets. It shot 270 Hornady well, but I didn't like the recoil. The rifle is a light carry ... the barrel is a custom contour, .625 at 22". I did not want a magnum weight barrel for this non-mag 375. I have 2 other pre 64's with identical contours in 338 and 35. I'm embarrassed to say that I have mixed up this barrel manufacturer with the two others I have. This .375 is a PacNor and is so inscribed on the barrel. The others are Lilja's. I have tried to attach photos, but the uploads have failed. Send me you email by PM and I will be happy to send photos.

Those sound like really nice Rifles would love to see them .