Thread: Where are the silvers at?

Default Where are the silvers at?

Seward, russian river or somewhere else? Would like to get into some silvers during the next week or so. I live in Anchorage and have a 15' inflatable and 30hp 4 stroke. THank you all for your help.

Saw plenty of silvers in the Russian on Tuesday.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Thanks, Im hoping to head up there tomorrow!

anything in resurrection?

Bring your better polarized sunglasses and SHARP new snagging hooks with 25# - 30# test line and your set. Silvers are in at Seward on the incoming tide. Went this Friday with my fishing buddy and expected rain, got sun and some clouds and no rain instead. Great day to be fishing in Seward. Got one each with fishing buddy from the shore in town. I tried floating the herring, tossing hardware (spinners/spoons) but finally broke down and switched to lead fly (small to medium sized seemed to be the ticket). My cheap polarized sunglasses were not the ticket for spotting the elusive silvers in the saltwater. lost one silver and almost lost my rod too on the first silver snagged. Chromers all that we caught this trip.

This ain't no river runs thru it fishing, purists-look elsewhere, this is pure meat fishing at 6 per person per day for this terminal fishery. HINT to the wise: they ain't out there in the 30 yard or 50 yard cast range, think 15' out max. you don't need to bring your 11' surf casting rod or 9'-10' rod. close in is where the action is with quality polarized sunglasses (did I say they had to be GOOD polarized fishing sunglasses?)

THank for the info. What about from a boat. I was gone for the last year and need to get some meat or the freezer! Tried whittier last night and its dead...