Thread: I need a Lifesize & a cape for Dall sheep & 2 Lifeszie Bull Caribou skins

Default I need a Lifesize & a cape for Dall sheep & 2 Lifeszie Bull Caribou skins

I am in need of 1 Lifesize & a Cape for a Dall Sheep Plus I am also in need of 2 Lifesize Bull Caribou skins. Must be mountable.

Interested in Raw,Frozen, or tanned.

Please let me know what you have.

Emailme at protaxidermy1@gmail.com

Thanks guys

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    www.protaxidermy.com
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Lets say I harvested a Dall Sheep or Caribou in a few days at 8:AM and I have taken all the photos I want. Now I have three choices.

1.) Leave all the hide on the mountain.
    2.) Take only the cape, (and meat, and what is required by law) with the thought of selling the cape.
    3.) Skin for a life size mount, (and take the meat, and what is required by law) with the thought of selling the full hide.

This decision would be made in part based on "ROUGHLY" the value of the skin, cape, hide. I am not going to do a full skin for $15.95 and having done several professional life size skinning, I would not do it and pack it out for even a few hundred dollars. It is a lot of tedious work. However, I will for sure do it for some price. What roughly are hide worth.......??? Yes, there are many factors. But, knowing roughly the value could induce one to do the extra work. Is this classified information......???

Well lets see, The skin Must be taken off of the animal anyways.

In MANY cases the Caribou can be driven to with a quad.

It takes the Exact time to skin a Full lifesize skin versus just Hacking the skin to feed to the wolves.

In most cases the money that the hunter gets back from me goes along way towards the gas money or other expenditures they spent for the hunt.

Yes the skins are heavier to pack out, than just leaving it or even cutting the cape off & taking it. ALL circumstances are different for all hunts & hunters.

If I post a price I will give for a skin on here, Inevitably some one will bring in a specimen that will have holes all over it , or Large Bullet holes, or Drag marks, or cut all the way down the shoulder or up the neck & try to get me to stick to the price posted.

I have been through that Numerous times already. I have been in this business for a LONG time.

Also just because someone says they have skinned a LOT of animals , doesn't meen that they necessarily did it right or that field care was taken that needed done.

That is why I want to SEE the skins before I will obligate myself the buy them.

I have been SCREWED by a guide here in Fairbanks that said he did a good job on field care & fleshing. Not again!

My advise is that if you can get them out easy & would like to recoup something extra back from the hunt, bring the whole skin out.

If not , let the animals eat it, It might be easier for ya.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

RJ, how do you want a life size caribou skinned and how far down the ankles, hoof on or off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir, Thank you for the response. And you answered my question to my full satisfaction. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post
    Well lets see,

My advise is that if you can get them out easy & would like to recoup something extra back from the hunt, bring the whole skin out.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

I have a tanned sheep CAPE.
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Hooves MUST be attached .

I need the fully mountable for a museum.

Thanks
    RJ Simington
    907 322 0936

Hey Jesse,

How much for the sheep cape ??

Thanks
    RJ Simington
    907 322 0936