Thread: Valdez fishing.......

Default Valdez fishing.......

Will be heading to Valdez over the forth of July and was wondering how a 200 horse Phantom would do to get to Jack Bay and I caught a bunch of hooligan I was thinking if using for bait then......think we'll catch anything? btw! how long of a trip is it to Jack Bay? Thanks for any help fellas.

At 30 knots it is about a 20-25 minute boat ride to jack bay. As for bottom fishing, the halibut usually dont start showing up till the salmon are in full swing. There arent any HOT spots in the arm area its just all hit or miss. Three years ago a guy caught a 275 lb'er in anderson bay in a 10 foot zodiac. He towed it back to valdez. sweet! The closest place to valdez where I have consistinly caught buts is about 1200 yds due west of the Bligh Reef light. There is an 18 fm mark that can get preatty hot. Bligh reef will take you about 45-60 min haulin ass. Good luck

Thumbs up

cool! thanks alot J..........If the water is flat I might haul ass hahahahaha! Really just looking to have fun maybe catch a few fish,wife wants to see whales and seals etc...but I want to wet a line for a spell myself.Again thanks bud.