Thread: This fall seem "odd" to anyone else?!

Default This fall seem "odd" to anyone else?!

Things this year just seem a little outa whack. froze early, snowed early, blueberries are dropping early, bears are being weird, moose are in places i usually don't see them and the weather patterns don't strike me as typical. Anyone else seeing this like this or have i just been on the slope toooo long??
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Nope. All is generally normal. Maybe early a week. Last year, we had snow on August 31st, so it's actually late here! Snowed a little today. Temps were 26 this morning. Checked records and that's about average for the 7 years. Of course, we are in one small area, so that's all I can speak for. And yes, you were on the Slope way too long!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

It definitely was one of the colder moose openers I was out for. It was windy and cold and just never seemed to really warm all the way up in the day.
    Interesting about the berries too. I was up at the MacLaren lodge on August 9th and there was one of the thickest and best berry crops I've ever seen. Then they were all frozen and icky for the moose opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

The moose are definitely being weird this year, never seen them so spooky. They rubbed out in our area way earlier than usual and still ran with the band of brothers like it was mid-summer. Just weird. As far as the berries go, we usually pick the end of opening week and that was a week or more too late this year. Rain is its usual self though!

Snow's a little early this year (got about 2' last night; more predicted tonight). Feels extra early given the very late snow and warm dry winters the past few years. Last winter, first snow here was Jan 21 2015. 2014, it was about normal at Oct 4, but was an abnormally warm and dry winter. 2013, first snow was Oct 31 and was another weird, warm, dry winter...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

You mean to say it feels like 1995?

~~LOL!!~~
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....