Thread: EZ Loader trailer bunks

Default EZ Loader trailer bunks

Good evening.

I need to replace a bunk on my EZ Loader trailer. Where is a good place to purchase the part in Anchorage/Eagle River area?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

yhc

To add to that, where can you find parts in general? I can't seem to find replacement lenses at the moment. I recently had to purchase an entire brake lamp assembly that was for the wrong side and steal the guts, Bearings at the local auto parts store were twice what they should have been but I couldn't find them elsewhere

EZ Loader has a website where you can purchase parts. Dewey's sells EZ Loaders and I'm sure, for a price, they can get you what you need. As far as bearings, I get them from 6 Roblees. Take in an old bearing and they'll match it up.

I didn't even think about bearings at 6 robbles, they never have the lights and such I need.

Thumbs up Axel bearings

I have always found that Alaska Bearing in Anchorage has the best prices by far for any kind of bearing from trailers to bogies on your snowmachine.

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

Default trailer bunk

I have a new bunk from Dewey's for a 9000 ezloader,I think it's 14 feet,could be cut down,let me know if interested.

Default E-Z Loader bunks

I have two eight-footers. Brand new, never used. They are just carpeted 2x4s, if that's what you're looking for. You can have them for free. Drop me a pm.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Thank You

Thank you for the offer, Mike. However, I think my trailer needs 4x4 bunk. I will measure out the exact dimensions next time I go to my boat.

Regards,

yhc

Make sure you get the right kind of wood. Not treated or pine, though I don't remember why the EZ Loader people told me to not use either of those. Give them a call if you want to know.

I would think a standard cut of good quality wood that has been marine treated could be used for your needs. You can buy the marine treatment from most box-stores in town, then just astro turf it with a staple gun. I helped my x-father-in-law build a boat one time for floating the Kenia and we treated the wood and them fiber-glassed it with marine grade fiber-glass. Yeah I was scared sh*tless when we first put it in and started going down river but the thing actually worked! No Leaks!!

A standard 2X will do the job however it may only last 10 years vs 15 years if you get my drift. It won't be under the water all the time just like the deck on your house isn't under water all the time yet gets real wet when it rains or the snow is melting off of it. Now using regular staples to attach your astro turf may not last to long if your launching in the salt. This is just my opinion but when you look at the price of lumber these days

If you didn't go for the marine grade you could always slap a coat or 2 of paint on there its going to get covered up anyway. Most of us have some laying around we'll probably never use and if you don't you may find some at the landfill in the used paints/chemicals area. You may even find some sealers that would do wonders too.