Thread: I need a G33/40 military stock

Default I need a G33/40 military stock

Does anyone have a military G33/40 stock? Email me--cdparker at bigfoot dot com
    So many of these beauties got made into sporters that there should be a "take off" gathering dust somewhere.

Default 98 stock

Tring to find any original military WWII Mauser stock & stock nowadays is getting to be hard and very costly - even a nice common K98 stock is worth a couple of hundred dollars or more. I'd bet a G33/40 would easily be worth $500 or so.

I've heard there is source in the Netherlands that has a lot of Mauser stocks. If I can run it down I'll post it here.

BTW- I'm looking for a stock for a 43 BNZ K98 stock and hardware if you have on lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    Does anyone have a military G33/40 stock? Email me--cdparker at bigfoot dot com
    So many of these beauties got made into sporters that there should be a "take off" gathering dust somewhere.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Try hkparts.net . They carry just about anything for an "HK", original and after market, that you might be looking for.

That isn't an HK he's talking about.....It's the German 'Mountain rifle" version of the 98 mauser......
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Well, I got an answer from a guy in Alabama. My friend made a deal with him.
    Thanks folks.

I'll bet a true G33/40 stock was hard to find with the original sheet metal protector still in place. They were Czech built by Bruno and were a touch lighter and shorter than a standard K-98. Mike Venturino thinks the sheet metal protector was because they might have to use their rifle as a walking stick. Have seen some photos on mountain troops, my theory is that it was to protect that part of the stock from the extra gear they carried on their belts since they carrie dthem across their backs at an angle while climbing or using bicycles.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com