Thread: North slope caribou hunt was a success!

Default North slope caribou hunt was a success!

Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska and all I can say is wow!! The scenery alone was worth flying all the way up there to see. Flew into Fairbanks and took a rental vehicle up the haul road and the amazing scenery and wildlife we saw was so amazing I didn't even care if I got a caribou at that point lol.
    Me and my girlfriend drove up and went with Arrowhead Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Genuinely nice people who worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Once we were dropped off on our lake I proposed to my girlfriend on a beautiful Alaskan evening in front of the tent with the Brooks range in the background, and she said yes!!!
    We had planned on hunting for 7-9 days but ended up getting our caribou in 4 days of hunting. Had some time left over so we drove back to Fairbanks and then went on to denali and saw some incredible wildlife and scenery there too. Definitely the trip of a lifetime and came back with the best trophy ever!

as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here I will!

Quote Originally Posted by dogdoc1 View Post
    Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska and all I can say is wow!! The scenery alone was worth flying all the way up there to see. Flew into Fairbanks and took a rental vehicle up the haul road and the amazing scenery and wildlife we saw was so amazing I didn't even care if I got a caribou at that point lol.
    Me and my girlfriend drove up and went with Arrowhead Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Genuinely nice people who worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Once we were dropped off on our lake I proposed to my girlfriend on a beautiful Alaskan evening in front of the tent with the Brooks range in the background, and she said yes!!!
    We had planned on hunting for 7-9 days but ended up getting our caribou in 4 days of hunting. Had some time left over so we drove back to Fairbanks and then went on to denali and saw some incredible wildlife and scenery there too. Definitely the trip of a lifetime and came back with the best trophy ever!

You got a caribou and proposed all in the same trip? You are a stud sir!!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Sounds like a slice of heaven, the perfect adventure with a great multiple ending :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Well done.

Heres a few high light pics from the trip. It's gonna be hard to top but we can't wait to go back!!!

Pics aren't showing up dogdoc1...congrats none the less.

AZinAK

Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska
    If it were me I probably would have waited till AFTER the hunt to propose.

I mean........just incase.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I love it when a multi-species hunt is successful. Nicely played and huge congratulations to both of you!

Congrats on both trophies you tagged sir! May you have a long and happy marriage!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

One of my bulls I took
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice.

I hunted with them last year and I came back with great memories, 2 great bulls but unlike you, the same ol' wife.

Quote Originally Posted by mmwtdh View Post
    Nice.

I hunted with them last year and I came back with great memories, 2 great bulls but unlike you, the same ol' wife.

Almost spit my beer all over the keyboard on that one...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Is this where the term "trophy wife" comes from?

My best hunting trips have been with my wife, congratulations and may there be many more trips for the two of you!

I would go back every year to renew the proposal

Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    I would go back every year to renew the proposal
    That would B the best anniversary present a man could ask for Why didn't I think of a clever proposal like this?

Congrats on the successful trip Dog - in all regards!!
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

sounds like a great adventure just started. good on ya!!