Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: North slope caribou hunt was a success!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7

    Default North slope caribou hunt was a success!

    Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska and all I can say is wow!! The scenery alone was worth flying all the way up there to see. Flew into Fairbanks and took a rental vehicle up the haul road and the amazing scenery and wildlife we saw was so amazing I didn't even care if I got a caribou at that point lol.
    Me and my girlfriend drove up and went with Arrowhead Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Genuinely nice people who worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Once we were dropped off on our lake I proposed to my girlfriend on a beautiful Alaskan evening in front of the tent with the Brooks range in the background, and she said yes!!!
    We had planned on hunting for 7-9 days but ended up getting our caribou in 4 days of hunting. Had some time left over so we drove back to Fairbanks and then went on to denali and saw some incredible wildlife and scenery there too. Definitely the trip of a lifetime and came back with the best trophy ever!

    as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here I will!

  2. #2
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogdoc1 View Post
    Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska and all I can say is wow!! The scenery alone was worth flying all the way up there to see. Flew into Fairbanks and took a rental vehicle up the haul road and the amazing scenery and wildlife we saw was so amazing I didn't even care if I got a caribou at that point lol.
    Me and my girlfriend drove up and went with Arrowhead Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Genuinely nice people who worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Once we were dropped off on our lake I proposed to my girlfriend on a beautiful Alaskan evening in front of the tent with the Brooks range in the background, and she said yes!!!
    We had planned on hunting for 7-9 days but ended up getting our caribou in 4 days of hunting. Had some time left over so we drove back to Fairbanks and then went on to denali and saw some incredible wildlife and scenery there too. Definitely the trip of a lifetime and came back with the best trophy ever!

    as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here I will!
    You got a caribou and proposed all in the same trip? You are a stud sir!!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  3. #3
    Member Roger45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Sounds like a slice of heaven, the perfect adventure with a great multiple ending :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

  4. #4
    Member Birdstrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Well done.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7

    Default












    Heres a few high light pics from the trip. It's gonna be hard to top but we can't wait to go back!!!

  6. #6
    Premium Member AZinAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Pics aren't showing up dogdoc1...congrats none the less.

    AZinAK

  7. #7
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogdoc1 View Post
    Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska
    If it were me I probably would have waited till AFTER the hunt to propose.

    I mean........just incase.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  8. #8

    Default

    I love it when a multi-species hunt is successful. Nicely played and huge congratulations to both of you!

  9. #9
    Member Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Congrats on both trophies you tagged sir! May you have a long and happy marriage!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7

    Default

    One of my bulls I took
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Nice.

    I hunted with them last year and I came back with great memories, 2 great bulls but unlike you, the same ol' wife.

  12. #12
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmwtdh View Post
    Nice.

    I hunted with them last year and I came back with great memories, 2 great bulls but unlike you, the same ol' wife.

    Almost spit my beer all over the keyboard on that one...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogdoc1 View Post
    Well just got back from my first trip/hunt to Alaska and all I can say is wow!! The scenery alone was worth flying all the way up there to see. Flew into Fairbanks and took a rental vehicle up the haul road and the amazing scenery and wildlife we saw was so amazing I didn't even care if I got a caribou at that point lol.
    Me and my girlfriend drove up and went with Arrowhead Outfitters and have nothing but good things to say about them. Genuinely nice people who worked hard to make our trip enjoyable. Once we were dropped off on our lake I proposed to my girlfriend on a beautiful Alaskan evening in front of the tent with the Brooks range in the background, and she said yes!!!
    We had planned on hunting for 7-9 days but ended up getting our caribou in 4 days of hunting. Had some time left over so we drove back to Fairbanks and then went on to denali and saw some incredible wildlife and scenery there too. Definitely the trip of a lifetime and came back with the best trophy ever!

    as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here I will!
    Is this where the term "trophy wife" comes from?

    My best hunting trips have been with my wife, congratulations and may there be many more trips for the two of you!

  14. #14
    Member jeff p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    375

    Default

    I would go back every year to renew the proposal

  15. #15
    Member shimano 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    I would go back every year to renew the proposal
    That would B the best anniversary present a man could ask for Why didn't I think of a clever proposal like this?

    Congrats on the successful trip Dog - in all regards!!
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

  16. #16
    Member Roland on the River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    sounds like a great adventure just started. good on ya!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •