Thread: Shooting Video & Chronograph Results of my .338 Federal 8" Short Barrel Rifle

Default Shooting Video & Chronograph Results of my .338 Federal 8" Short Barrel Rifle

Alrighty fellers its been a while since i last visited here but i have a little treat for you guys to watch.I have finish building my .338 Federal AR10 Pattern SBR rifle and i have chronographed it with some pretty interesting results.. Shooting a few of the Federal Factory 180gr Accubond Nosler Ballistic tips i was clocking in around 2206fps-2242fps and shooting some of the American Eagle 185gr soft point factory ammo i was getting around 2097fps-2198fps...I still have some more testing to do with some lighter loads such as the Barnes 160gr ballistic tips....I have uploaded a video for you guys on all documented chronographed results of my 8" .338 Federal SBR ..Please leave comments and i Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=367&v=HnTrlQqx9oo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Neat project. Looks to me like it is begging for a Harvester Big Bore to be screwed on!

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    Neat project. Looks to me like it is begging for a Harvester Big Bore to be screwed on!
    that might be my next project in the near future..Thanx again for commenting and im glad you like it

I wonder if a faster powder such as Accurate 5744 would reduce the big muzzle blast a bit over a factory load tuned for a full length barrel and still cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
    I wonder if a faster powder such as Accurate 5744 would reduce the big muzzle blast a bit over a factory load tuned for a full length barrel and still cycle?
    I dont know but that is a good question..i will have to get my friend to work up some loads to see if will cycle or not..Ill let you know of my findings..