Thread: Mercury PCM rebuild.

Default Mercury PCM rebuild.

Has anyone or know of anyone that has used Simon Motorsports in El Cajon California to rebuild their PCM. I found this company researching for a replacement. The one I have is out of a 2007 115 Optimax 45 hours on it and was told my alarm circuit is fried. A completely new unit will run $2500.00. I conversed via e-mail with this company as to cost. $595.00 to repair the circuit if it is repairable. I've read two reports on them and both were favorable. Just wondering if anyone in the state has dealt with them. Thanks.

please advise if you have repaired. i'd be real interested how it worked out.
    thanks

I've checked out a lot of control module for difference systems in the past most if the time the problem is one of the sensors feeding information to the unit. Do everything you can to make sure all the sensors are good before sending the control module in for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I've checked out a lot of control module for difference systems in the past most if the time the problem is one of the sensors feeding information to the unit. Do everything you can to make sure all the sensors are good before sending the control module in for repair.
    Checked all the sensors X10. They all work. Took the boat to AFF and had Mel run the diagnostic on the computer. Came up with a fried alarm circuit

Quote Originally Posted by bhday View Post
    thanks

Will do. Not sending it in till October.

UPDATE. Sent PCM into Simon Motorsports in El Cajun, California Wednesday UPS. They received it this morning @ 9:30am. They called me at 12:30 saying it is ready to be shipped back to me repaired. Total cost with repair and shipping $635.00. Beats the heck out of a $2500.00 replacement. It appears the horn alarm circuit was bad. I should receive the PCM on Wednesday. Should have the boat in the water for test on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by bhday View Post
    thanks

message sent

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Jim View Post
    UPDATE. Sent PCM into Simon Motorsports in El Cajun, California Wednesday UPS. They received it this morning @ 9:30am. They called me at 12:30 saying it is ready to be shipped back to me repaired. Total cost with repair and shipping $635.00. Beats the heck out of a $2500.00 replacement. It appears the horn alarm circuit was bad. I should receive the PCM on Wednesday. Should have the boat in the water for test on Thursday.
    Glad to hear they were able to repair Jim and it was the circuit as diagnoised. It's too bad Merc couldn't provide the same repair instead of just offering the replacement for over $2k. I'll keep this in mind if I ever have another customer with the same problem. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Glad to hear they were able to repair Jim and it was the circuit as diagnoised. It's too bad Merc couldn't provide the same repair instead of just offering the replacement for over $2k. I'll keep this in mind if I ever have another customer with the same problem. Thanks for posting.

Here is their web site http://www.simonmotorsports.com/. Check it out. It explains what they can and can not do. Besides Mercury they also repair Yamaha out boards