Thread: Will this effect access in the future?

Fairbanks, Ak.

Default Will this effect access in the future?

Interesting article by someone who is knowledgeable on the subject. Here's the part that caught my attention:

"As of last February, the BIA’s Alaska area office had begun processing applications that request the secretary to take title to more than 100,000 acres of land in Alaska into trust. Where all that land is located is unclear. But the Ninilchik Village Tribe wants 2.3 acres, the Chilkoot Indian Association wants 52 acres (presumably in Haines), and the Tlingit Haida Central Council wants two parcels (presumably in Juneau)."
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Land access to public land is slowly being blockaded and cordoned off by small parcel bits of private land in the way of access unless you can fly over it and into public land, or in cases where there is waterway take a boat. There are many areas with a literal wealth of public land to get out in and enjoy except, you can't because all the access via road system is blocked because strips of private land have foot access closed. Then if there is a BLM right of way legal access, you will be harassed or your vehicle vandalized.

Eagle River, AK

This has the potential to be HUGE! It is a voluntary process, but, if the Federal Benefits (always follow the $$$) are persuasive enough, giant chunks of Alaska will become "Indian Country" (a.k.a. Indian Reservations) where Alaska will have no state jurisdiction. State Troopers (both blue and brown-shirts) will be removed and replaced by BIA & tribal police. And if you think our Fish & Game regulations are complicated now, just wait until 200+ Tribes get to manage all of their own parcels independently!
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.