Thread: Halibut Charters out of Cordova

Default Halibut Charters out of Cordova

My wife's uncle and cousins are going to be in Cordova next week and are thinking of adding a halibut charter to their trip. Anybody have any recommendations on charter outfits? Feel free to PM me if you like. Also, please let me know if the season has passed. I know down around Homer and Anchor Point, it's getting a bit late to be targeting halibut, so please tell me if it's the same there. Thanks in advance!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Default Cordova Charters

The Cordova charter fleet is very small and they are not quite as setup as the folks out of the bigger ports. While it is getting a bit late in the season there are fish around. The only Charter I am familiar with is Orca Bay charters and they have been around a long time. Ron is a good guy and chartering is pretty much his only gig aside from coaching the wrestling team in town. Give him a call and he will be straight with you. His website does metion that halibut fishing is pretty good through September. Silvers are the main target around Cordova this time of year, either out the road or in the Sound.

Good luck!

http://www.orcabaycharters.com/

Hey thanks Fishrock! I'll pass that along. I've been there in September, and yes the silver fishing is unreal. They are actually doing a 3-day trip targeting silvers, so they were asking about halibut to mix things up a bit. Looks perfect. thanks again. -Gr
    My signature is awesome.