Thread: In need of a waterfowl partner in crime

Default In need of a waterfowl partner in crime

I recently moved from Anchorage to Delta Junction. I dont have anyone that I know up here that consistently bird hunts. As many on this forum can attest to I am a duck hunting freak. I have my own crap like gun, gear and several dozen decoys. I have a boat but that is currently down for a motor swap and axle repair but will be back up hopefully before sea duck season.

I will drive from Delta up to about an hour to hunt and if you are available I will hunt every weekend that the water is not frozen and some that are as long as birds are still coming through. I can provide references if necessary.

Warning I do swear (Former military) but I work hard too and always have fun.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

No promises as I have take my wife when she is free to go but even so I end up hunting solo quite often with my bug smasher on floats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chris Chartier

August 29 at 2:44pm

Anyone here in the delta junction area?

i cut and paste this from facebook, look for Chris and contact him, he just moved to delta area and a avid duck hunter and AWA member. let me know if you have difficulity finding him, i can get his number for you somehow. Bud
    Wasilla

he is a solid character....a character at best..but solid..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 907jeff View Post
    No promises as I have take my wife when she is free to go but even so I end up hunting solo quite often with my bug smasher on floats.
    Looks like a fun ride!

Working nights on the slope with poor cell reception I replied to the wrong post. I live in south central so unless I get a buffalo tag I probably won't be in delta anytime soon. There was another post from a guy looking for someone to hunt with and I was just trying to be helpful. Try the Hollenbecks in Delta they used to be very reasonable with letting people hunt their land. I apologize for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by 907jeff View Post
    Working nights on the slope with poor cell reception I replied to the wrong post. I live in south central so unless I get a buffalo tag I probably won't be in delta anytime soon. There was another post from a guy looking for someone to hunt with and I was just trying to be helpful. Try the Hollenbecks in Delta they used to be very reasonable with letting people hunt their land. I apologize for the confusion.
    Not a big deal. I dont think Ive met the hollenbecks. Its a small town Im sure I will eventually. Still getting to know the guys at the hardware store though. lol.

Must not be many people up north that hunt birds. Ive tried on several sites now with NO luck.

C6,
    We are headed up that way this weekend, all though I can't help you with location I have another queston.
    Have you been able to find if anyone in the area rents out field blinds / pit blinds for the geese & cranes? I know the one operation on the Schultz farm does, but I had heard there was another but haven't been successful in finding it.
    Would like to give that a shot for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    C6,
    We are headed up that way this weekend, all though I can't help you with location I have another queston.
    Have you been able to find if anyone in the area rents out field blinds / pit blinds for the geese & cranes? I know the one operation on the Schultz farm does, but I had heard there was another but haven't been successful in finding it.
    Would like to give that a shot for a day or two.
    Whats the name of the guide you are using? I believe there are 2.

C&S charters is the only one I've used. They aren't guides per say just have land lease & decoys out in the barley fields. You pay per day & they show you what blinds they have available & then you have it for the day.
    Nice enough operation, just I have never had any real luck there in 3 different years.

Something like Goose shack guides...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I think DH is right. I'll swing into granite view and talk to cody. He will know for sure. He's lived here for years and knows everyone.

Let me know what you find, we had to cancel for the weekend, as I got a flu on Friday & talked with a few people who said the crops weren't out up there yet & there isn't any areas for them to land where you could hunt. Hope to get there in the next couple weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Let me know what you find, we had to cancel for the weekend, as I got a flu on Friday & talked with a few people who said the crops weren't out up there yet & there isn't any areas for them to land where you could hunt. Hope to get there in the next couple weekends.
    Probably a good thing you canceled. Nothing has been cut at all. I have seen only 1 very small flock of geese and yesterday I saw 2 balls of cranes flying high but nothing on the ground. The weather is supposed to go back to rainy cool and damp this next week so maybe that will inspire the farmers to cut.

sent you a PM.
    Steve