Thread: Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic Oct 10 & 11

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Default Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic Oct 10 & 11

October 10 & 11 at Birchwood.

Learn to shoot your rifle well.

Learn the events of April 19, 1775.

Earn the coveted Appleseed Rifleman patch.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Recently I have been asked several times if the Project Appleseed Marksmanship clinic is just for kids.

It is excellent marksmanship training for all ages. We have had participants from eight years old through 70 + years old.

How old do kids need to be?

I would say about ten years old. Kids need to be mature enough to follow safety rules and strong enough to safely handle their rifle. The younger kids do tend to get tired so we let them sit out a few courses of fire until they are rested enough to continue.

A few other questions we often are asked:

Do I need to know how to shoot a rifle?

It is best if you are somewhat familiar with the rifle you use but not necessary. We often have folks that have never touched a rifle. Our instructors are great at helping people learn to safely shoot a rifle.

What rifle is best to use?

The one you want to learn to shoot well.

Most folks use semi-auto magazine fed. .22lr through .30 caliber.

Do you have loaner rifles?

Yes we do. The loaners are generally Ruger 10/22s.

We also have .22lr ammo available for youth that is very reasonably priced and some that is free to youth that may not be able to afford ammo. The free ammo has been graciously donated to Alaska Appleseed. Much of it has been donated by members of this forum.

Do I need a sling for my rifle? Do I need to use a sling?

You don't need to use a sling...but after we teach you the proper way to use a sling you will want to...

We suggest that you use the military web sling. We have them to loan for the weekend and if you like it you can buy it.

I have a hard time getting into the sitting shooting position. Can I still attend an Appleseed clinic?

Yes you can. We teach what we call adaptive Appleseed for people that have disabilities or injuries.

I was in the military and learned how to shoot so what can you teach me?

That was what I thought when I attended my first Appleseed. Heck, I was even on an Army Rifle team. Well I re-learned a lot and quite a bit that I did not know.

Every Marine, soldier, law enforcement officer, (even SWAT), biathlon team member, etc that I know that has been to an Appleseed clinic has said that they learned to shoot better. It's all about the fundamentals that we teach.

I am so confident that you will learn to shoot better at one of our clinics that after you complete your first Appleseed Marksmanship clinic and you have followed our instruction and can honestly say that you did not learn how to shoot your rifle better and can beat the last Rifleman score that I shot, I will personally reimburse you the cost of the clinic. ($60)

We will also teach you the real history of April 19, 1775.

Completing an Appleseed Marksmanship clinic qualifies you to purchase an M1 Garand direct from the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

How to Prepare for an Appleseed event,

Is this primarily for close targets. I am wanting to get better with my rifle for hunting.
    "Bearly Wounded" 18' Alaska Airboat, LS3 counter rotator. And a bit of a light problem.

Targets are at 25 meters. They are scaled for 100 through 400 yards.

We shoot at 25 meters so that we don't have to spend a lot of time walking back and forth to the targets and so that .22lr can be used.

This is the target we do most of the training with. It is scaled for 100 yards.

This target we shoot for "score". It is scaled for 100yds to 400yds.

We teach how to adjust your sites or scope for any range using what we call Inches, Minutes, and Clicks.

The rifle shooting fundamentals and positions that we teach work for any rifle at any range, (within the limits of the rifle of course). I even use them to shoot my smoothbore musket.

"Project Appleseed can help transform you from a man / woman with a rifle into a Rifleman. A Rifleman is more than a man (or woman) with a rifle. A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American. And he knows why: This is a nation founded by Riflemen -- men and women skilled in the use of arms.

Those skills served the colonists well when they stood up to the British on April 19, 1775, at Lexington and Concord, and routed the British forces that tried to seize the colonists' arms. They did it with grit, with determination, and with superior skill in marksmanship. They pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to the task. And they didn't stop until they had won. Throughout history, Riflemen have embodied personal responsibility and been pillars of their communities, characteristics that are becoming ever more rare in our nation."

"We are the descendants of those fearless men and women, but their dream of liberty has all but disappeared from the hearts of most Americans. Those original Riflemen held liberty in their hearts and were willing to sacrifice everything to procure it. Project Appleseed aims to reignite the flame of liberty in the hearts of Americans."

OK American Patriots, only four slots left, (as of today), in the last full week-end Project Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic of 2015.

Learn the true events of April 19, 1775.

Earn the coveted Appleseed Marksmanship Patch.

Only four slots left. Sign up before this Friday!

Great news Patriots!

We have been moved to a larger range at Birchwood. It will have lights and heat!

That means we now have room for 13 more participants!

If the sign up page still says sold out you can either take a chance and walk on or PM me and I will make sure you are signed up. Please only sign up once whether through me or the Appleseed registration site.

This is the last full weekend Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic for 2015.

Only eight slots left!

Better sign up soon!

Did I mention you will get an awesome tee shirt?

Last day to sign up through the Appleseed site.

Still a few slots left.

Weekend weather forecast looks good.

Might be a few walk-on slots left.

Be there at 08:30.

Have some free time Saturday or Sunday come and check it out.

My family had a fantastic weekend at the Appleseed training and shoot. Thanks to Hogfamily's posts, we got motivated to go this weekend. I can't say enough about the instructional program and the history of our nation that was introduced into the shoot, we're still talking about it and planning for the next shoot at Birchwood in November. My father, daughter, and son went with me, all of us learning an amazing amount of skills and knowledge. If you're considering going, I thoroughly encourage it. Bring your kids, the instructors were great. To hogfamily... HIP HIP HUZZAH!

Thank you sir for the kind words.

It was awesome to have three generations of your family spend the weekend with us.

Your Father was delightful to spend time with. Your daughter and son are wonderful young folks. Very well mannered and were fun to instruct.

I can tell you are a great father. (Your kids even admitted to it!)

Hope to see you all at another clinic.

Welcome to the Appleseed family!

HUZZAH!