Thread: Getting Gas in Tanana

Default Getting Gas in Tanana

Leaving for a trip up the Novi in a bout a week. Putting in at the Bridge. We plan to stop and gas up in Tanana. I would appreciate any information that's available about gassing up in Tanana this year. I understand that there is no hose running to the water and that once must fill and transport jugs. Anybody know whether they are offering help transporting jugs to the river via truck? I presume there aren't major concerns about supply (i.e. they aren't likely to run out)? Anybody know roughly what hours to expect them to be open?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

If you want first hand information I would call Tanana and ask them who supply fuel and there hours.

Good hunting

Ok-ok I got this... I enjoy watching Yukon Men, good show.

Charlie Wright is the fellow that takes care of the gas pumps. Only 2 pumps in town, not at the river, so hand carry will be needed.

LOL... I know this sounds funny.

Um... last time I was in Tanana- one year ago the pumps are right in front of the store in Tanana. On the bank of the river. I don't know if the hose will reach the river but it should get you close.

call Tanana Commercial, they can tell you the real story. There historically have been two pumps pretty close. Both go to the water. Can't miss them, there is a really big sign that says GAS. We have received bad gas from both with water, sediment and low octane. We have received good gas from both as well. As a matter of protocol, we filter all the gas from the bush two or three times before it gets to the engine and add some octane. Bring extra fuel filters and clean them out often. Mr Funnel works wonders. We even hooked up a spare electric fuel pump to a Rocor filter and fill the tanks on the go from fuel barrels. We are really into polishing fuel out there.

See you on the water, we will be in a 23ft Duckworth this year, leaving in a week.

Much obliged, all. We also have an electric pump hooked up to a filter and extra fuel filters. I'll throw some octane in as well.

We'll say hi if we see you out on the water. 21' North River. Silver with Gray full deck enclosure and aluminum top rack.

Be safe, and get lucky.

Good luck AK Kid I know you have put a lot of planning into this hunt make sure to take lots of photos
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

I spoke to Cynthia at the store today and the fuel was $6.69 , I wish I would have seen this before I called or I would have asked her about the fuel to the river. Last year it was no issue.

We are running next Tuesday the 15th. Anyone else running that day?

I have yet to get ahold of Ivan in Ruby but assume his fuel is close to the same. I was told the fuel doesn't go to the river there in Ruby anymore.

I just called the Tanana store and they do have fuel down to the river.

Anyone know on Ruby? Galena?