Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McKinley Name Change

I guess I have taken the long road around to come to a conclusion that was reported at the end of last year. My intention is that this will
    be my last reply on this thread. I get a few local channels. The other night after I posted the reply I was feeling like maybe I should delete the replies. Then I was watching a program about kangaroos. The kangaroo population was growing too much for a human area that is basically growing
    too much. So they would do a culling to reduce the numbers. But the people were constantly trying to save the kangaroos that were being shot
    in the head. Which lead to a more humane way of reducing the numbers. Which lead to a vaccine that would sterilize the kangaroos.

So I wanted to read more about the vaccine. I believe that anything they use on animals they will be tempted to use on people later. So I searched
    for the kangaroo story online and many articles came up about this. Catholic Doctors expose secret sterilization Vaccines in Kenya-
    http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...accines-kenya/

No kangaroos on Denali.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    No kangaroos on Denali.
    No Kangaroos but that vaccine could wipe out the entire Denali Yeti population.
    We should keep our eyes and ears out for ADF&G acquiring any strange vaccines for their dart guns.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowchaser View Post
    McKinley Name Change
    McKinley was a misnomer as applied to Denali.
    Title of this thread is a misnomer within a misnomer.
    Should read: Denali Name Restored
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

With due regard to the original name (certainly not debating that), I do have an issue with the idea that "All Alaskans wanted it changed to Denali anyway."

I have no beef with Denali, McKinley, the Big Rock, or Mighty Mac......but having lived in AK for the better part of 60 years, until the mid-80's when certain causes became more popular, there was a very identifiable segment of Alaskans that call the mountain "McKinley" another identifiable segment called in Mighty Mac.

Neither of those names is inherently "right" (or wrong in my view), but I don't agree with the commonly repeated theme that "All Alaskans called it Denali".

Piece spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by pa12drvr View Post
    With due regard to the original name (certainly not debating that), I do have an issue with the idea that "All Alaskans wanted it changed to Denali anyway."

I have no beef with Denali, McKinley, the Big Rock, or Mighty Mac......but having lived in AK for the better part of 60 years, until the mid-80's when certain causes became more popular, there was a very identifiable segment of Alaskans that call the mountain "McKinley" another identifiable segment called in Mighty Mac.

Neither of those names is inherently "right" (or wrong in my view), but I don't agree with the commonly repeated theme that "All Alaskans called it Denali".

Piece spoken.
    "Much ado about nothing." Willy S.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Do you recall when the Bush administration proposed renaming tide tables back to the original Texas native name "tide mesas"?
    Bush was a bone head and Obama is a bone head and 16 years of the two of them have put us where we are. Using one as an excuse for the other one is as pointless as letting your kids play in the street because little Bully did and he got away with it!

I'm sorry if that sounded disrespectful to you iofthetaiga. Just tired of one party blaming the other party when neither one of them have been productive. It'll never happen but I wish they would abolish the parties. JFK was the last President to refuse to be a pawn and look where it got him.

the real question is..... what is mcdonalds going to do about their mckinley mac?
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    the real question is..... what is mcdonalds going to do about their mckinley mac?
    What's a "mcdonalds"?

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

My boys call it McGag and Spew.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123