Thread: Seward sea ducks

Default Seward sea ducks

So with the closure of the Homer harbor for the entire duck season I am having to rethink sea ducks this year. I have hunted them out of Whittier and done good out there but I have never hunted ducks out of seward. I know some of you on here have, is it any good? I have never been out there much later than the end of August and Homer dosnt get good till about the first of October. I like homer because I can run my river boat out of there and not have to trailer my ocean boat but Im not sure if there is good hunting close into Seward. The sea life center has king eiders but I dont think they will let me hunt there.

Sea Life Center is a special Draw Permit this year SLC:007

Just pulled up the story. Interesting they offer no compromise. Barge ramp is a no-go, have to keep the boat in the water for up to 30 days if you want to launch and all coordination through harbor office.

Has to be a smaller ramp around there somewhere...maybe some beach launching is in order...

I have been out of Seward over the years..hit me up. You have to make a few runs to get into numbers, but it is doable closer as well.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Opening morning day will be a no go in Seward at the airport with the president in town. For Sea Ducks I have done well in the past on golden eye, surf and white wing scooter, and harlequin, but never have seen a long tail or eider in the bay. Best hunting has been in late November.

Where is this story? I haven't heard of it yet and am disappointed to hear that Home Sea Ducks will not be accessible for me either...

Wow. I had no idea. Just read it... I guess that means a trip or two to Whittier if the roads are good...

I have seen plenty of birds hanging out in seward. If I were you I would just beach launch my rig right in the dudiak fishing lagoon or off the beach next to lands end resort though .
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.