Thread: Mat-Su Valley CFI

Default Mat-Su Valley CFI

Trying to get back on track with flight training. Does anybody know of any CFI's in the Mat-Su Valley that would be available most evenings and weekends? I have a friend's Cessna 140 that I can use. I really don't feel like paying flight school's prices to rent there planes, although I might go that route if nothing turns up here. I've got 12 hours so far. I've flown a chief, 140, 150, and a 172. Prefer to stick with a tailwheel instructor. Thanks for any info.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

You can try Walt Ward at Legends aviation. I don't know if he is doing any training anymore except floats by he might be.

I talked to Walt yesterday and he still teaches. Going to call him again today, and set something up.

Brett Crowley at wingnuts aviation. very good safe instructor based out of Wolf lake but also goes to you if needed

Correction, Walts last name is Warner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

your right I will fix it... Walt Ward was my metals / welding teacher in high school LOL. getting old sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    your right I will fix it... Walt Ward was my metals / welding teacher in high school LOL. getting old sucks.

Went to school with a Walter Ward, in Palmer or was it Kenai? In the sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    Trying to get back on track with flight training. Does anybody know of any CFI's in the Mat-Su Valley that would be available most evenings and weekends? I have a friend's Cessna 140 that I can use. I really don't feel like paying flight school's prices to rent there planes, although I might go that route if nothing turns up here. I've got 12 hours so far. I've flown a chief, 140, 150, and a 172. Prefer to stick with a tailwheel instructor. Thanks for any info.
    Hey grayling,

clear your PM's, your full.

Pm's cleared.

Yeah Walt is out n. of Biglake. He certified me in 1983. Very knowledgeable Ace pilot

Jamie Hastings , prof pilot out of, Wasilla is a good one also. Not annal and easy to learn from. He flew my plane for a spell.

Or ifn ya want to learn mnt flying and gravel landings, call Jay Baldwin. Ex Air Force doing commercial.. Very very Ace pilot..good insurance ifn ya plannin to trim the trees and roll some pebbles.

Hope that helps..

Rocket

PS: Sold that plane and forgot to remove the Avatar..Just sayin.
    Last edited by RocketRick; 09-06-2015 at 10:20. Reason: Avatar Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRick View Post
    Yeah Walt is out n. of Biglake. He certified me in 1983. Very knowledgeable Ace pilot

Jamie Hastings , prof pilot out of, Wasilla is a good one also. Not annal and easy to learn from. He flew my plane for a spell.

Or ifn ya want to learn mnt flying and gravel landings, call Jay Baldwin. Ex Air Force doing commercial.. Very very Ace pilot..good insurance ifn ya plannin to trim the trees and roll some pebbles.

Hope that helps..

Rocket

PS: Sold that plane and forgot to remove the Avatar..Just sayin.

Unfortunately Jay Baldwin is no longer with us. He was killed in an accident a couple of months ago.