Thread: Confirmation of my Canine Sickness...welcome Coal to the family

Default Confirmation of my Canine Sickness...welcome Coal to the family

Well, here is the photo evidence of my canine sickness. Coal (Wire Haired Pointing Griffon) joined our household at nine weeks old....she is now 13 weeks old. Pictures are a couple weeks ago. We had third choice of the litter and I actually got the one I wanted (puppy #6) although I am confident enough in the breeder such that any would have done fine.

And she has made herself at home ... pictured here with Haggis our wire haired mini dachshund...pooped out.

Last edited by Burke; 08-25-2015 at 22:31. Reason: add comment

she is cute! puppies are just fun. Sometimes I wish they didn't grow so fast.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Congrats Burke! Looks like a great pup. Enjoy every moment. They sure grow quick. cod
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Burke
    Coal is a gorgeous little girl. Are you going to use her for upland and waterfowl hunting? If so I would like to recommend checking our Greatland NAVHDA. We will start doing basic obedience training after the first of the year and then move into upland, water work and tracking as we move into summer. Our Chapter has a wide variety of versatile hunting dogs and owners at all levels of training. Below are links to our web page and FaceBook page. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to shoot me an email @ sbreitsprecher@ymail.com.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1521084014814593/

http://www.greatlandnavhda.org/

[QUOTE=Ruckup;1499673]Burke
    Coal is a gorgeous little girl. Are you going to use her for upland and waterfowl hunting? If so I would like to recommend checking our Greatland NAVHDA. We will start doing basic obedience training after the first of the year and then move into upland, water work and tracking as we move into summer.]

Thanks Ruckup,
    I do plan to take advantage of run Coal's versatile breed capabilities as an upland hunting dog and waterfowl hunting. Primary focus will be upland.

I have run and titled dogs in AKC (pointers and retrievers) hunt tests as well as NSTRA trials. I was reluctant to join that arena of games at first, yet did find merit and enjoyed it while I was participating. It helped with learning and training for me and the dogs and gave me targets to achieve.

I am losing that competitive bug these days and am not likely to run those type of events with either of my two young dogs. I am more utilitarian nowadays, hunting dogs is my goal. I still want competent hunting dogs so the training aspects of your offer are of interest to me. I havent had a retriever for several years and I know the man power it takes to train for those skills. Access to a training group is necessary.

I will keep you and your organization in mind. As you know, right now is about lots of exposure to different environments, social skills, fun times and learning to learn. I will get on your websites and see what I can learn about the training opportunities. I may have questions at a later time. thanks again...
    PS I believe we have crossed paths at one point. I look forward to meeting you again.

She sure is a cutie, Burke! Best of luck.

Sexy. And she is not even a Lab.
    ARR

We may be a good fit for you and Coal and I hope you checkus out. We do have a test every Aug which focuseson upland, water and tracking but it is far from competitive. Some guys andgals train with us from Jan to Aug and never run in the test but by the end ofthe summer they are better equipped to go afield. The main focus of our groupis the training of the versatile dog and handler. Besides having someone else to assist in the training, to share equipment, help with training birds and such we also put on professional clinics and other events for our member's during the summer.
    It is a pretty exciting time getting your pup expose todifferent experiences and to watch her grow. I hope you have a great fall. Imactually out of country until Nov but will be out chasing birds when I getback. It is very possible we have run into each other before and I hope we canmeet up again. I would love to check out Coal when I get back, if you want shoot me an email and I will give you a shout when I get back.

Be Safe
    Scott