Thread: Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy - Panel Mounts

Thumbs up Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy - Panel Mounts

Panel mounts are a popular and inexpensive way to display that moose, deer, caribou, elk, or other antlered/horned animal. At Alaska Wildlife Rugs and Taxidermy you get your choice of solid oak or walnut panel, along with your choice of natural or dark elk leather skull cap covering. These are beautiful panel/plaque mounts and will last a lifetime. All skull caps are cleaned and boiled. Moose (and other heavy) antlers are 'double attached' to the panel - from the skull plate into the plywood backer and from the panel through the plywood backer and into the skull. I also use a heavy duty hanger on moose or other heavy antlers which ensures the mount will NEVER fall off the wall - even in an earthquake. I also take the time to clean and touch up antlers as needed or requested.

Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Juli those look to be put together really nicely. Years ago I did that for antlers from my first blacktail buck archery hunting. I remember it was a lot more work than originally thought! The tricky part was getting it solidly screwed into the base. Your system sounds quite sturdy. My son will be trying to get a bull moose in September. I would like to have this mount done for him, or possibly a European style with the skull. Is this something you also do?

Hi 7mm -

Yes, panel mounts look simple - just a pair of horns with some leather on them, screwed to a wood panel, right? Actually there are a lot of steps involved and getting one put together that looks professional.

Moose Europeans are popular. Yes, I can do a moose euro. Currently the price for one is $450 (without panel). Good luck on your hunt!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!