Thread: Homemade Balsa wooden lure PART 2 - "The Attila Fat Minnow"

Smile Homemade Balsa wooden lure PART 2 - "The Attila Fat Minnow"

Hello again Alaska Anglers

Inmy previous post I told you about this Part 2. Now, I want to show you the process to finishing the lure.

In Part 2, you will see the main steps to finally get the Attila Fat Minnow ready for action. In advance, following what you will see:
    - Details for the lure's head
    - Details for the lure's body
    - Use of holograms foil and aluminium
    - Airbrush painting
    - An idea to use in a different way the 3D eyes
    - Epoxy coats, hooks setup, and some swimming tests

I hope you like the video. As usual, I expect to receive your comments and recommendations.
    Something else, just in case you have a chance after watching the video, please leave me a LIKE . Also, I invite you to see other videos in my channel.

Have a safe fishing, best regards, Antonio
    Here is the link to the video

Wanna buy an ad?

I used to make lures, but I didn't like all my hard work getting scratched and dented up, so I just went back to buying them for cheap. My home made ones are just for show.

Very nice, next let's see war wounds from fish killing it . Lol
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Hello AK, Thanks for your comments...once i can I will send some captures with my plugs. I have not chance to go fishing due workload... I have to travel a little more than expected. Have a safe fishing, Antonio

Hello Sayak...

I know what do you meant... Even when you lose the most simple Fly that you have tied in your bench, is difficult to accept. But, I really enjoy a lot to do my own lures.
    Fortunately, I have not experienced to lose one of my homemade plugs yet. Definitively they take me lot of effort, time, work, patience, etc. If I think in terms of US$, and I have to estimate a price or value I really don't know how much it would worth each plug. Sometimes I have paid US$35-40 for a Japanese DUO lure (which are just a plastic serial product), but for me, my plugs would worth much more than that.
    Maybe you are right, I have some friends that they only want my plugs for show. To have some as part of their tackle-box. They offered to pay up to US$150 for each, but I'm not sure to sell them.
    Anyway, I will keep doing my Homemade plugs as a complement of my fishing passion.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I used to make lures, but I didn't like all my hard work getting scratched and dented up, so I just went back to buying them for cheap. My home made ones are just for show.