Thread: Dirt jumps?

Exclamation Dirt jumps?

Hey, I'm fairly new to Alaska and was wondering if anyone could point me towards some dirt jumps in the vicinity of Anchorage. Thanks!

I've searched for like 4 years and haven't found many, theres a few and supposably some north shore stuff in Gwood theres also a motocross course but getting enough speed would be tough
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

There are some small ones set up next to the coastal trail. Look for single tracks just going into the woods. Also in Kincaid there is that gravel hole/pond whatever it is. I've made a couple in there out of gravel.. Good luck!! I can usually find some next to the any trail in anchortown as well you just have to keep an eye out for them, try them, and see if you like that jump or not.

Oh yea, there is the downhil courses at Alyeska. They started that last year I think, and there are different skill level trails. I was thinking of renting a full suspension bike and trying it ou.

Man I gotta get down to G weed for that dh biking its more fun on a hardtail
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default alyeska

Yeah I keep wanting to do the Girdwood/alyeska thing.

Also I was thinking that Alpenglow at arctic Valley might be good. The trail to resurection mnt or whatever mnt is back there would be good. There is a gulley that runs the length of the valley that in summer might be really good. I might just make a jump or two regardless.

Default Connors bog

THere are some dirt jumps at conors bog off of Jewel lake rd.. by the airport just park in the lot and ride you can't miss them. I have been working the city to get a mountain bike park set up at Hilltop with a shuttle for the gasline downhill as well, probably won't be here until next summer thought but keep your eyes and ears open.