Thread: Crippled Herring, I hit the jackpot!

Default Crippled Herring, I hit the jackpot!

Overstock Bait and Tackle has 16 and 20 oz crippled herring in some great colors. Thier version is called an O-Bait (thier own brand name) Halibut Hammers. I am going to order some and ship them to my buddy in Soldotna as these are far and away my favorite halibut jig! They ship in one rate boxes so they are pretty reasonable and they are 30% off right now. I am going to load up on them!

You should check out Kasilofchris's cripled herring rigs made in Soldotna, he's on the forum under that name.
    They catch fish. He has a new shiny metallic finish that is so darn realistic looking.
    Anyhow, Roustaboulures.com will get you his info.
    Bk

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    You should check out Kasilofchris's cripled herring rigs made in Soldotna, he's on the forum under that name.
    They catch fish. He has a new shiny metallic finish that is so darn realistic looking.
    Anyhow, Roustaboulures.com will get you his info.
    Bk
    Actually it is Roust-a-boutlures@hotmail.com . Kevin has emailed me before.
    Crippled herring are a great jig. Their only real flaw is they are too flat. Many people have taken to bending them to get a bit more action out of them.
    My Cripple candy jig has an offset line tie eye and has some built in curve to the jig to make it wobble and flutter a bit more.
    As far as the sale price online all I can say is it isn't that great. Trust me on that one.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Actually it is Roust-a-boutlures@hotmail.com . Kevin has emailed me before.
    Crippled herring are a great jig. Their only real flaw is they are too flat. Many people have taken to bending them to get a bit more action out of them.
    My Cripple candy jig has an offset line tie eye and has some built in curve to the jig to make it wobble and flutter a bit more.
    As far as the sale price online all I can say is it isn't that great. Trust me on that one.
    I knew you would show up......this guy need some good local tackle that catches fish. Show him the foil wrapped stuff Chris!
    Bk

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    I knew you would show up......this guy need some good local tackle that catches fish. Show him the foil wrapped stuff Chris!
    Bk
    Here you go...experimental foiled 4oz. jig from Chris with a 100# Halibut on the first drop of the season.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Here you go...experimental foiled 4oz. jig from Chris with a 100# Halibut on the first drop of the season.

Thats the one I have as well.....it works!
    Bk

I agree that Chris has good stuff, but location also comes into play when halibut fishing. I have had better luck with his squid lures, but now I an going to try the crippled herring he sent me last year. They are very durable lures. The only issue I have had was a hook that opened up a bit on a 200lb halibut.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded